The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi everyone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 02:00:50
Hi guys!

I'm a complete newbie at owning a snake. Always wanted one and just last week the misses got a tortoise, so it's only fair...

So here I am, on the net 0reading all the information I can lay my hands on to make sure I can do a good job.

Didn't know the sex, so we called her Suzie

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 30/11/2009 : 14:38:07
hey and welcome
Kellog Posted - 29/11/2009 : 03:26:03
quote:
Originally posted by JiB410

Guys again thanks for the warm welcome.

I've found loads of great information on the forum already and it's even stopped me from making a few potential mistakes...

I have however one newbie question... Some of you have a list of your collective pets in your sigs which I can understand. What confuses me is the numbers next to them...

first i saw "2.1" and I thought that must be "2 males and one female"... but then I saw "1.2.0" what are these numbers for??? lol

I don't care if I sound like an idiot, I must know!!!

Thanks,

J

You are almost right...the numbers do correspond to number and sex of snake.

2 males. 1 female. 3 unknown

unknown because too young to be probed and sex determined or because owner just hasnt wanted to find out.

Hope that made sense.

xxx
n/a Posted - 29/11/2009 : 02:07:29
Guys again thanks for the warm welcome.

I've found loads of great information on the forum already and it's even stopped me from making a few potential mistakes...

I have however one newbie question... Some of you have a list of your collective pets in your sigs which I can understand. What confuses me is the numbers next to them...

first i saw "2.1" and I thought that must be "2 males and one female"... but then I saw "1.2.0" what are these numbers for??? lol

I don't care if I sound like an idiot, I must know!!!

Thanks,

J
HannahB Posted - 28/11/2009 : 11:27:35
hey and welcome..
yeah right they wont be your only snakes - i got my first corn in july and then got 3more in september,in october got two royals and then last week i got a king snake..and i only wanted one to start off with
lovely snakes
n/a Posted - 28/11/2009 : 11:17:47
quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

Hi and welcome! Suzie is lovely! Is that a second snake already??

Yup

Me and Lullsbud have now promised each other4 that we are not getting any more pets... mind you we said that last week...
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 17:41:07

Sigh... it's not just cornsnakes that are addictive, you start with corns and soon you find out you desire other snakes too. I promised myself, quite publicly, I won't go over 3 snakes for now... a 4th snake joined the household today.

Someone said addictive?

n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 16:31:01
Beautiful Pictures!
Im a newbie to Snake Mummy-ship! and also to the forum- your in the best place- These Guys are Awesome!!!
xx
kizzig Posted - 27/11/2009 : 15:37:28
Hi and welcome! Suzie is lovely! Is that a second snake already??
gingerpony Posted - 27/11/2009 : 15:28:43
heya and welcome

quote:
Originally posted by Jo-And-Danny

...Beautiful anery you have there

that's not an anery.....not even on my cr**py old CRT monitor
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 15:07:22
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

And just to quote Jo and Danny...
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-And-Danny

Kehhlyr is right, corn snakes are addictive!!!

I think you're right lol...
hiper2009 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 12:01:29
Hey and welcome to the forum.
lee2308 Posted - 27/11/2009 : 11:21:33
hi and welcome to the forum
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 27/11/2009 : 10:17:43
hello and welcome! Kehhlyr is right, corn snakes are addictive!!! Beautiful anery you have there we wanted one to pal up with our amel but all we could find was corolina, okeetee, snow, more amel and a beautiful creamsicle which we took home lol!

You'll love the forum everybody is so helpful so if there's anything you're not sure of you know where to go
Tizzy Posted - 27/11/2009 : 08:54:27
Welcome to the forum, Jib410, Love the picute, what a cutie.
gmac Posted - 27/11/2009 : 06:40:47
hiya and welcome to the forum
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/11/2009 : 05:35:27
Hiya, and welcome to the forum

quote:
Originally posted by JiB410

Hi guys!

I'm a complete newbie at owning a snake. Always wanted one and just last week the misses got a tortoise, so it's only fair...

So here I am, on the net 0reading all the information I can lay my hands on to make sure I can do a good job.

Didn't know the sex, so we called her Suzie

Always wanted one!!!
That'll change. :) I think most people on here only wanted one, that's how it begins. You just take your first one, thinking you'll try it, then before you know it you're addicted.
Kellog Posted - 27/11/2009 : 03:37:24
Welcome to the forum JiB410. You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake care you know but I would advise the following (and I apologise if I am repeating stuff you already know, but better repeated than not known as all!):

1. I am not sure how long you have had Suzie but I hope you did the one week rule. If not it would be wise to do it now. You need to leave her for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let her settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope when you got Suzie you got as much info about her as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule, which you have already complied with - pics as soon as possible!! Suzie is gorgeous...I love her markings, especially the one on her head.

You certainly got the better end of the deal, corn snakes are so much more fun that a tortoise! Be warned though - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have now started down that path!!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000