The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Im new!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/11/2009 : 18:12:59
I have just brought my 1st Corn snake. He/she is called Sully and is a baby. So cute. He eats really well and has just shed which im really pleased about!!!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 22/11/2009 : 02:20:12
dantheman - awesome sig!

xxx
dantheman2944 Posted - 21/11/2009 : 20:03:27
hi an welcome!!!
Stumpy Posted - 21/11/2009 : 12:45:54
Hi and Welcome to the forum.
hillzi Posted - 20/11/2009 : 20:08:33
Greetings padawan learner.
lee2308 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 19:45:50
hi and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 20/11/2009 : 16:47:54
hey!welcome
n/a Posted - 20/11/2009 : 15:34:24
Thankyou for the information everyone! Very helpful. I have just finished a 5 year animal management course at college, where we had some amazing snakes of all breeds. I loved it. We had a corn snake there called Kellogs!
I have am doing a snake diary which is really helpful too!
Thanks again everyone!!
gingerpony Posted - 20/11/2009 : 12:33:23
heya and welcome
gmac Posted - 20/11/2009 : 08:56:26
hiya and welcome to the forum
Kellog Posted - 20/11/2009 : 04:20:39
Welcome to the forum Sullysnake! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much research you have done before getting Sully but I would advise the following:

1. Not sure how long you have had Sully but it is very important that you leave her/him for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let her/him settle into its new surroundings by leaving her/him without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

2. Am sure you have already read the care sheet that HannahB suggested(http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm). It has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. Hope that when you got Sully you got as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! As you see, Kizzig is already demanding them!

So pleased you have got Sully and the fact that he/she has just shed must be amazing! But I will warn you that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have only just started down that path so be warned!!

xxx

lmfastcars Posted - 19/11/2009 : 19:40:48
Yeah welcome:) Glad to hear that your new snake has settled in well and glad to hear theres one more corn snake lover out there:) Happy Pet Day
kizzig Posted - 19/11/2009 : 18:29:32
Hi and welcome! Can't wait to see some piccies when Sully has settled in!
HannahB Posted - 19/11/2009 : 18:18:01
hey and welcome
the best thing to do is to read the care sheet, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm as this has all the important things you need to know on but if you have any questions then dont be afraid to ask
dont forget aswell to leave Sully for a week before handling and feeding if you have just bought him
look forwards to the pics

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000