The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Greetings and Salutations!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 13/11/2009 : 22:06:32
Hey all,
im new to this Forum,
just like to say hi,
my name is Dan and my partners name is Layla (who will also be posting)and we are proud owners of a beautiful female amel called Hera and a little yearling male anery called Aragorn.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/11/2009 : 20:05:47
Hello and welcome!!
lee2308 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 19:51:50
hi and welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 20/11/2009 : 12:24:40
belated heya and welcome
gmac Posted - 14/11/2009 : 12:34:05
hi and welcome
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/11/2009 : 08:36:37
Hiya and welcome to the forum.
Kellog Posted - 14/11/2009 : 04:59:51
Welcome to the forum Grizzly Bear! You have found a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake info you already know but would suggest the following:

1. Hopefully you will have already been told the one week rule - leaving the snakes to get over the stress of their move and settle into their new surroundings by leaving them without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way they gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm) lots of information for new snake owners. Also helpful is this topic http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snakes when you bought them....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. As Hillzi mentioned, pics are appreciated, in fact it is an unwritten forum rule! Love your snakes names, by the way.

It sounds like you have already found how addictive corns are as you have immediately got 2! And yes, majority of us have stood up, and said "Hello, my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" But I will warn you that you have only just started down that path!!

xxx

PS - Sorry GB, just read your post about feeding so have discovered that you have had at least one of your snakes for a while. Sorry if I have repeated stuff you already know!

LittleMick Posted - 14/11/2009 : 00:47:42
Hi GB, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for funand friends.
hillzi Posted - 13/11/2009 : 22:59:23
Too right mate! Where abouts are you - theres numerous shows nationwide where some of us go to, buy snakes and chat, at Pompey show 5 of us went and had a mooch around and looked at some fantastic herps.

kizzig Posted - 13/11/2009 : 22:33:16
Hi and welcome!
n/a Posted - 13/11/2009 : 22:21:24
we promise to post pics asap when we set up a photobucket account, probably tomorrow
its a pleasure to be part of the corn snake community, many corn snake buddies to make.
hillzi Posted - 13/11/2009 : 22:09:42
Well, now your'e here.. time for the grueling initation test!

Nothing bad - just post pics!!
HannahB Posted - 13/11/2009 : 22:08:22
hello and welcome to both you and Layla,
look forwards to seeing pictures of Hera and Aragorn
feel free to ask any questions - nothing is deemed to be silly or unimportant so dont be shy

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000