The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi all

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 13/11/2009 : 14:42:27
hi all just got my first corn snake today a amel corn 12 week old hatchling i already keep a few lizards any good advice on corn snakes always welcome thanks neil will upload a few photos when i can thanks neil
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 19:51:02
hi and welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 20/11/2009 : 12:25:10
belated heya and welcome
kizzig Posted - 14/11/2009 : 13:12:31
Hi and welcome!
Kellog Posted - 14/11/2009 : 04:44:51
Welcome to the forum Neil! You have found a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake info you already know but would suggest the following:

1. Hopefully you will have already been told the one week rule - leaving the snake to get over the stress of its move and settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

2. As suggested by Lucifer, make sure you read the care sheet on here, (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm) lots of information for new snake owners. Also helpful is this topic http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snake when you bought it....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Pics are appreciated, in fact it is an unwritten forum rule!

Am so glad you decided to treat yourself to a snake! But I will warn you - corns are addictive. And yes, majority of us have stood up, and said "Hello, my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have only just started down the path!!

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 14/11/2009 : 00:48:55
Hey Nell, welome to the forum.
HannahB Posted - 13/11/2009 : 18:51:20
hey and welcome
feel free to ask any questions - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant here so dont be shy
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/11/2009 : 17:56:31
Hiya, and welcome to the forum.
Stumpy Posted - 13/11/2009 : 16:14:01
Welcome to the addiction.
lucifer Posted - 13/11/2009 : 15:35:30
Welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of corn snakes
If you haven't already check out the care sheet it has a lot of useful tips:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000