The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rik Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:37:35
Just got home with my baby corn. No pic's yet as its gone straight to its hide. Little silver and black one. Fell in love the second I saw it. Cant believe I have to wait till the weekend to have another hold (but I know its for the best).

Anyway enough of my brooding over a snake. Great forum and feel very confident now how best to look after the snake.

Will post some pic's when I can.

Rik
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 14:02:26
hi and welcome to the forum,i wouuld get yourself a digi thermometer ar at least lay that one down as you will only be measuring air temps and not floor temps
HannahB Posted - 08/11/2009 : 11:17:38
hey and welcome
aw khan is gorgeous
look forwards to more piccies!
n/a Posted - 06/11/2009 : 22:35:31
Nice one Rik! I got an anery as well. Had her from hatchling and after 10 years she is still a little beauty.... well quite big now actually!

Welcome. Looks like you and Khan are doing just fine with eachother.

Ben
Rik Posted - 06/11/2009 : 17:39:33
Twilight is georgous too. Just love the black on silver. He has gotten the hang of his ladder and not fallen since (thank god). Nope not a treker.

Rik
LittleMick Posted - 06/11/2009 : 13:44:20
Hey Rik, welcome to the forum matey, that's a great looking Anery, I nearly got one myself but ended up getting a Carolina named Elijah. Love the name of yours as well, you don't happen to be a trek fan by any chance?
Kellog Posted - 06/11/2009 : 02:30:35
Dont worry Sammysnake, you know Twilight still has a special place in my heart *still planning snakenapping*!!

xx
Sammysnake Posted - 05/11/2009 : 21:20:08
No way, my baby's the cutest*goes off in a big miff*. Not really, I was thinking how lovely your little one is Rik Love the ladder by the way.
Kellog Posted - 05/11/2009 : 20:59:58
Khan looks stunning, and I love the name too. He/she is competition for Twilight (another anery owned by a forum member)!

xxx
kizzig Posted - 05/11/2009 : 13:09:18
Khan's lovely! Can't wait to see some more piccies!
Rik Posted - 04/11/2009 : 19:55:39
Well it certainley aint shy. Have had to put a ladder in. It kept climbing up the tank and falling down to get to the ventilation round the top. Very inquisitive and active. Tested the whole of the tank to escape today (the snake did). The Mrs love's it too and we have named him/her Khan (yes like Jungle Book). Thankyou for the hello's back, fell very welcome. Anyway couple more pics of baby Khan.

gingerpony Posted - 03/11/2009 : 22:22:56
heya and welcome
Kellog Posted - 03/11/2009 : 21:40:20
Welcome to the forum Rik! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Glad you know about the 'one week rule', it is very necessary for the snake to get over the stress of the move and to get used to its new surroundings. Just change its water daily and straighten the substrate, this means your corn can get used to your smell without feeling threatened. A few other points:

1. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, lots of information for new snake owners.

2. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

3. I hope you got as much info about your snake when you got it....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

4. You have already complied with the forum's unwritten rule - pics as soon as possible! Well done! A beautiful strikingly coloured snake, by the way.

I know you have only just picked your snake up, but I will warn you now that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have only just started down that path!!

xxx
gmac Posted - 03/11/2009 : 20:30:48
welcome to the forum, good looking wee snakie
Rik Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:42:14

little monster is up and about already.
hillzi Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:16:22
Welcome to the 'family'

Sounds like you've got yourself an anery, i like that morph!
kizzig Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:50:54
Hi and welcome! Congratulations on the new arrival! We know from experience that the first week feels like an eternity!

Looking forward to seeing the pics and finding out what you call him/her.

Feel free to ask anything - no question is too silly when it comes to the care of any pet!
n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:42:01
Welcome to the site, Rik.

I am glad you are leaving your little one to settle in, it will appreciate it and be a lot calmer when you finally do get to handle it.

It sounds to me like you have an anery corn snake, one of my personal faves so i do look forwards to the pictures.

Enjoy the site, ask questions and feel at home.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000