The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 I finally got my Corn!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 31/10/2009 : 10:57:10
I know I'm already known to teh forums, but I thoughtI better introduce the new memeber to the family, yep I'm officially now part of the Corn community.

Well, HE'S HERE, FINALLY. I don't normally get up on Saturdays before 12, but today I was up at 6.45am, lol. I wonder why?
The courier turned up at about 9.45am and he arrived with a few other things I ordered.
I wanted to get a quick snap of him before I put him in his new home but he was really timid, so I didn't bother. He has some nice markings. On the top of his head he has a marking that looks like the skull of a bull that would be an emblem on a shield or something. I wanted to give him a warriors name, but for some reason Elijah appealed to me, so.......... ELIJAH, MEET COMMUNITY, COMMUNITY, MEET ELIJAH.
He was in a little placcy box with some tissue and he was trying to hide in it so I put the whole thing in the faun and let him come out in his own time. He kept popping halfway out then in again. Then he finally came out and had a good exploration. He's found his snake cave (cool end), and keeps popping his head out, then coming out for a few mins then back in again.
According to the record card he is a male, but I will get that confirmed a few months down the line. I only have feeding records so I don't know how many sheds he has had. Following are his feeds

6-8-09
13-8-09
19-8-09
9-9-09
22-9-09
28-9-09
7-10-09
19-10-09
8-10-09

This seems abit adhoc to me, feeding days ranging from 6 days to 13 days, would the large gaps be shedding cycles? And the hatchling refusing to eat during that time? Aside from the large gaps he seems to be fed every 6 days, so I think I will keep to this schedule.

I have no exact DOB, but it was in July obviously by the records. How long after hatching would a hatchling have it's first feed?

Anyway, YAYYYYYYYYY, I can now share my experiences.

I know, I know, unwritten rule, will get piccies as soon as he has settled in.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 13:42:44
congrats
HannahB Posted - 08/11/2009 : 13:12:24
congrats on the new arrival
Kellog Posted - 03/11/2009 : 03:28:44
Thanks are not necessary...it is what the forum is for!

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 02/11/2009 : 20:12:20
Thanks kizzig, will keep everyone updated. And don't forget! It was with everyone's help on here as well, I mean I read a couple of books, dug out as many resaources on the net as possible. But on forums like this one you learn a little more than they tell you in the books or official sources. And it's good to here everyones differnt methods of doing things. So........

BIG THANKS FROM ELIJAH AND I
kizzig Posted - 02/11/2009 : 13:06:14
Good luck with the feeding! He'll soon get used to you being in his faun to change water etc! We're hoping to give 888 a go in the new year for some more housegeckos, the delivery option seems really reasonable! Can't wait to see some piccies when you are able to handle him!
LittleMick Posted - 01/11/2009 : 21:40:29
STRESSED!!! WHO SAID I AM STRESSED? Lol. Nah it's all good, gotta do what's best for the little fella. He sits there with his head out his cave at the minute, and ventures out a couple of times during the day photo period. He did poo his pants when I went in to change the water, he went to his cave, sat there for abit watching what I was doing then went in his cave.

He will be due a feed on Thursday, but I will leave it until Saturday then that will be a full week, and even then that will depend on how he is doing. I think his first feed, maybe second as well will be in his home, just so's I am not stressing him out, then after that I will start feeding him in a holding tank.

Mick
Kellog Posted - 01/11/2009 : 03:07:16
"Elijah, I formally welcome you to our community. You sound like a beautiful snake and you are very lucky to have Mick as your owner. He is going to be stressed for the next week because he cant handle you, but once he can get you and feed you he will be so much happier. I cant wait to see the many photographs he will take of you when he can."

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 31/10/2009 : 22:19:12
Thanks for the comments everyone. I already set my mind on Elijah, but was looking at some names and I kept turning round to make sure he was still there, lol, but he was like 2" out his cave and one min was like 12 oclock, then twisted round to 6 oclock, so I was going to call him Ticker, as in a clock, lol. But then I though in the future if I have any problems and I say my Ticker is dodge, people would think I am physically ill, lol.
quote:
Originally posted by FelineWolf

Awww yay! So glad to hear he arrived safe and sound

Elijah= awesome name, my sister would love you (she's a massive Elijah Wood fan)

That's Frodo Baggins ain't it?

quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

he's a really nice looker.

That image I posted isn't Elijah, that was the image off the 888 website just as a comparison, Elijah is wayyyy darker, his saddles are a dark brown so I'm hoping they will show their brighter red colours as he grows. Sorry for the confusion.

Mick
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 21:55:54
Yay LittleMick, big congrats FINALLY!! Elijah is a great name and he's a really nice looker. Very pleased for you mate .
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 19:42:50
Awww yay! So glad to hear he arrived safe and sound

Elijah= awesome name, my sister would love you (she's a massive Elijah Wood fan)
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 19:00:37
Congrats on the new arrival, my youngest came from 888 and shes doin well now. Am pleased you managed to get him after all the hassle the first time round.
LittleMick Posted - 31/10/2009 : 14:39:46
Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

what morph is Elijah...im just nosey...but a big welcome to him anyway

I bought him as a Carolina, but seeings I'm new to Corn keeping and as he is a hatchling I'm not sure if certain morphs have any similar colourings. Comparing him to the image, which is not a hatchling then he is alot darker, Elijah's saddles are a deep brown outlined in black, the orange is only just showing through, he has a lot of white on his lower sides and ventral. He also has red eyes, where as in the image it has black, unless my eyes are bad.

quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

You say he arrived by courier - did you order from a breeder or directly from 888?

Ordered from 888, as my local store refused to sell me one I had to go online, reluctantly. As I had already had a good buying experience with 888 they seemed the next logical choice. I don't know of any breeders near my town, and I have no transport so whether I got one from a breeder or retail outlet I still wouldn't have been able to see it first, I think with a breeder the only advantage is... better record keeping.

Anyway, thanks for his welcome, I'll be sure to pass them on to him.
kizzig Posted - 31/10/2009 : 13:16:47
Congratulations on the new arrival! It's possible that he was shedding during these times, but we would have thought that the shed's would have also been recorded... Anyway, you'll be able to keep much better records now!
You say he arrived by courier - did you order from a breeder or directly from 888?

Congrats again, can't wait to see the piccies when he's settled in!
crazy JJ Posted - 31/10/2009 : 12:28:23
heya....congrats on your new snakie...i like the name...its different

what morph is Elijah...im just nosey...but a big welcome to him anyway

Hatchlings normally will eat after there post natel shed(or whateva its called lol..but sumert like that) so norm a week. and then it will shed aprox a month later (well mine did ish) n i feed my hatchlings every 5 days..but it could poss b shed hence the long gaps but im not 100% sure..i will let some one wit more experience than me answer your questions...i only know by looking at a record when it tells me or my own snakes but i tried lol

but anyway..cant w8 4 pics...and congrats agen and welcome Eligah

xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000