The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 New arrival

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 16:48:59
Picked up Gem this morning, my daughters Bloodred :-)

She had a nice bump in her tummy having fed on Tuesday, as you can see in the first photo. She looks like she's about to start a shed with the blue eyes. She's currently enjoying a nice nap having explored for about half an hour or so.

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/11/2009 : 02:08:34
quote:
Originally posted by CornMitr

Fed Gemini last night, two pinkies nestling happily in her tummy in about 6 minutes flat! What a little gannet :-)
Will leave her 7 days before the next feed.
Thanks everyone.

That is fantastic news CornMitr, so pleased she is happily digesting her 2 pinkies! She will grow fast, enjoy every second!!

xxx
lucifer Posted - 16/11/2009 : 23:05:26
quote:
Originally posted by CornMitr

Fed Gemini last night, two pinkies nestling happily in her tummy in about 6 minutes flat! What a little gannet :-)
Thanks everyone.

Nice to know she likes her food and glad she is settling in fine
kizzig Posted - 16/11/2009 : 22:46:26
Great news! Sounds like she's doing brilliantly!
n/a Posted - 16/11/2009 : 19:59:01
Thanks everyone.
lee2308 Posted - 13/11/2009 : 10:08:19
hi and welcome to the forum
lucifer Posted - 12/11/2009 : 23:05:22
Wecome to the forums be sure to upload a photo now Gem has shed and looks all sparkly.
HannahB Posted - 12/11/2009 : 22:48:55
might be an idea to give her two pinkies for the next feed, bump it up to a 7 day gap and then either go back to one and 5 day gap or two with a 6 day gap, if you go for the second option then after the 3rd double feed leave a 5 day gap and then just keep them on a 5 day gap
hope that makes sense
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 22:29:03
hi and welcome she is geogeous
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 22:12:30
Update: Gemini has shed now, on her own and mostly one piece. I was away on business and missed it :-( hopefully be around next time. (We've no idea if it is a she but that seems to fit for now).

We handled after one week and she was very calm. After about 15 minutes we put her in a separate box for 10 minutes before feeding her. Boy was that was amazing! One pinky, she had a couple of sniffs then grabbed its middle (no constriction) and swallowed it tail first in about 3-4 minutes. She sniffed around for about 10 minutes after that and then we put her back in the faun.

The lump didn't look very big and it was swallowed very quickly so we decided to feed her again after 5 days. That was Tuesday and I was away again. She very happily snapped it up and there was very little bulge apparent when I saw her on Wednesday.

I bought the pinkies when I got her so they should be the same size as she was on, but going on the feeding advice on here I think this may too little. Should we keep going with 5 day intervals or back to 7 and try two pinkies?

We noticed on Sunday that there was still some skin left from the shed on her tail, so while my daughter held her I managed to remove it (over about 20 minutes) with warm water and kitchen roll. I think she kind of enjoyed it, and it's quite therapeutic...

She seems very happy and I'll add a couple more photos, just wondering about more food or more frequency?

Cheers all.
crazy JJ Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:26:56
heya n welcome 2 the forum

thanks 4 the pics and Gem looks gorgous...cant w8 2 c her after she has shed :)

n dont 4get if ya have any questions feel free 2 ask....its beta that way :)

xx
HannahB Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:20:15
hey and welcome
gem is lovely
gingerpony Posted - 29/10/2009 : 22:14:22
heya and welcome
LittleMick Posted - 29/10/2009 : 21:36:06
She looks stunning, I love snakeys with deepred in them, I think the black around the saddles gives it more definition as well.
Kellog Posted - 29/10/2009 : 21:34:53
Welcome to the forum Cornmitr! You have found a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus.

1. Hopefully you will already know the one week rule - leave Gem to get over the stress of the move and settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell. It does look as though she is going into shed so you could do with increasing the humidity slightly in her faun/viv...either by moving her water bowl onto her heatmat or adding some moss (not positive what type but am sure you will get correct advice from someone else) or misting very slightly each day. She will be 'blue' for a few days and is virtually blind during that time. She will then go clear again and it can be up to a week before she finally sheds. Cant wait to see her colouring after the shed.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, lots of information for new snake owners.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on Gem when you bought her....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even not when Kellog poos!!

5. You have already complied with the unwritten forum rule - which is pics as soon as possible! Well done!

I am sure your daughter is over the moon with her new snake. How old is she? I better warn you that once you have bought one corn you become addicted....the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns/kings/lizards........!" You have only just started down the path!! You will want your own snake soon!

xxx

n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 19:44:15
She looks lovely, cant wait to see her colours after her shed, oh hiya and welcome to the forum
kizzig Posted - 29/10/2009 : 19:08:57
Hi and Welcome! Gem is lovely!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000