The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 New owner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 10:21:44
Well its finally happened after wanting a snake for years but been unable due to been in the navy I finally left the job and my first treat to my self was a corn snake by the name of Creasy.
Hes a carolina corn 15 inches long only a baby.

Just want to say this forum has been a big help already when I was looking into getting creasy and how to do setup this forum answered everything.

Ps is anyone else addicted because same day i got creasy i also got a leopard gecko hes called georgie mike our lass named him not me felt like that need clearing up.

well thanks for help already and hope to speak to more of you soon.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sammysnake Posted - 29/10/2009 : 09:13:29
Yep, the accent comes through loud and clear even when typing!!
n/a Posted - 28/10/2009 : 23:43:34
thanks everyone. hi sammy snake originally from middlesbrough but live in suffolk now is it that easy to tell im northern
kizzig Posted - 28/10/2009 : 19:46:56
Hi and welcome!
gmac Posted - 28/10/2009 : 18:16:02
hello and welcome
Sammysnake Posted - 28/10/2009 : 17:55:59
Hiya Simmo and welcome Are you a northern lad by any chance (ref to 'our lass')?
hiper2009 Posted - 28/10/2009 : 15:21:31
quote:
Originally posted by Simmo85

well the pics are up now in the photo bit under creasy hope u get to see them

Hey and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 28/10/2009 : 10:13:35
well the pics are up now in the photo bit under creasy hope u get to see them
gingerpony Posted - 27/10/2009 : 21:24:18
heya and welcome
Kellog Posted - 27/10/2009 : 21:17:57
Welcome to the forum Simmo85! You have already found that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how long you have had Creasy but would advise the following.

1. Hopefully you will already know the one week rule - leave Creasy to get over the stress of the move and settle into his new surroundings by leaving him without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way he gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here, lots of information for new snake owners.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snake when you bought it....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even not when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! Which means finding your camera is a necessity!!!

Am so glad you have treated yourself to Creasy...you deserve him! Now you get to enjoy him! And yes, majority of us have stood up, said hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns/kings/lizards........! You have only just started down the path!!

xxx
HannahB Posted - 27/10/2009 : 12:46:58
hey and welcome
look forwards to seeing piccies of both creasy and georgie
feel free to ask any question - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant here
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:36:54

Hello and welcome to the forum. Fine the camera please .

Kehhlyr Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:31:15
Hello and welcome to the forum
KITTYCAT Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:24:51
H i there n welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 10:35:17
pics will be up as soon as i find my camera
hillzi Posted - 27/10/2009 : 10:23:07
hey there! Pics are mandatory

Well, this is THE most informative, friendly snake forum on the interwebs.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000