The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 I'm back..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillzi Posted - 25/10/2009 : 17:47:54
for now.

I will probably pop on, like I said, here and there... Couldnt miss the show. ;)

Currently, I have an essay to do throughout half term,
"How does Dickens use tension in chapters 1, and 39 of great expectations."

'OmgLolMegaWhut?'

Any help appreciated
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 26/10/2009 : 22:22:10
All aboard the SS Scale.
Flatpack63 Posted - 26/10/2009 : 17:01:45
Hi Hillzi. Nice to have you back on board. Even if it is only for a short while.
hillzi Posted - 26/10/2009 : 08:31:58
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

heya hun it's been (relatively) quiet without you knew you couldn't stay away though lol

relatively quiet?! I came back, and about 50 new members in a month.
Needed some time to plan for when i do my work, how much, and same with revision and social life etc.

Haha Phil, I'll remember that one.
Thanks for the WB's guys - and Luke; Blaze is growing well and he's fine. I doubt he appreciates me rattling around with the heater and stat but it's gotta be sorted.

Last shed was 31". :D
Thanks again guys. :)
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/10/2009 : 04:24:35

Just remember Hillzi, that stealing from one persons work is Plagiarism, Stealing from many people is research.

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

.. can argue back and forth for hours

No you can't.
Kellog Posted - 26/10/2009 : 03:41:25
Quotes...lots and lots of quotes!!!

Glad you are back Hillzi!

xxx
lucifer Posted - 25/10/2009 : 23:52:40
Welcome back matey!
Hows blaze doing?
HannahB Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:30:40
hey and welcome back!
sorry cant do english essays.. philosophy and ethics however i can do.. can argue back and forth for hours
n/a Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:27:31
Hi Hillzi.

If only you'd said Oliver Twist, I'd have been able virtually write the essay for you!! It's the one I did for my A-level but I've never even picked up G.E .

Did a year and a half of an English/Drama Degree too (dropped out due to being seriously pregnant!) so if you need a hand on your next essay, give me a shout. I'll certainly help if I can .

Hawkeye is so right though; English, it's all about the waffle. Never use one word where you can use three!!!

Best of luck .
n/a Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:07:55
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

How did you know it was 4 pages?

I didn't; it's just that I have vivid memories of my own school days .

I was planning on waffling but I have got a planning sheet on language techniques, tension, how 'pippin' has changed throughout the chapters, etc..

What on earth is a "planning sheet" ?? A new invention to torture students?

gingerpony Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:02:54
heya hun it's been (relatively) quiet without you knew you couldn't stay away though lol
hillzi Posted - 25/10/2009 : 18:09:31
How did you know it was 4 pages? I was planning on waffling but I have got a planning sheet on language techniques, tension, how 'pippin' has changed throughout the chapters, etc..
hillzi Posted - 25/10/2009 : 18:08:04
Cheers man ;)

So, any eng lang/lit people out there??
n/a Posted - 25/10/2009 : 18:07:03

hillzi, you need no intro, lol!

As for Mr. C.D's novel, I can't remember what goes on at each chapter, but if you're required to write say a four page essay you could waste a lot of space (and a teacher's time) with lines such as:

"Charles D'ens is well known for his often-dark, descriptive and detailed novels of life during the Victorian period. A great story-telling master, D'ens' pratrayal of scenes and characters opens the door to the contemporary reader into a world so different than our modern era: a world where the heros of the book have to fend for themsemselves...."

hillzi, you get the idea? It's called Flannel: you write three and a half pages of words that actually say absolutely nothing at all. Providing the remaining half page refers somehow to what happens in the relevant chapters of the book, not only you will be alright but your teacher will appreciate your great talent for expression. Tried and tested.

P.S. Don't tell the Hawk.
matty18714 Posted - 25/10/2009 : 17:56:29
Fixed it for you
hillzi Posted - 25/10/2009 : 17:50:19
whoops, thats no swear word meant, and since i can't edit it.

Charles D'ens. Wrote christmas carol, i beleive.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000