The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/10/2009 : 02:45:31
Just a wee hello!
Have had my Butter Motley, Elvis, since the end of August. He was born on the 28th Of July.
My first snake so I think I was more nervous than him when he arrived!
He's a great feeder and takes the pinkie straight from the forceps.I fed him 1 every 3-4 days and have moved him onto 2 every 4 days now which he happily devours! I did try him on a small fuzzie a week ago which he managed at a struggle although I have moved him back to pinkies to be on the safe side.
He also handles very well too. No agression or striking yet and even lets you stroke under his chin!
Will get some pics up in the gallery soon

Damien
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KITTYCAT Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:31:54
Hi n welcome
gingerpony Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:11:40
and feeding more frequently than every 5 days means your corn will be constantly digesting a meal, which their digestive system isn't equipped for..........and it means you'd never get to handle him either
gingerpony Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:10:26
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHNROX

You should probably be feeding him 2 pinkies every 5-6 days and when he starts eating pinkies in a matter of up to 8 seconds you can move him up to fuzzies for sure, and really dont worry about tying your snake on a larger size prey because realistically the worst that will happen is your snake regurgitate its food :)

8 seconds?

welcome btw

that's what i thought SB!

1 pinkie every 5 days is usually recommended unless he's actively looking for more after the first one goes down or it leaves no real visible bump.
you're generally ok to move him up to fuzzies when he's an established feeder on 2 pinkies and the fuzzie is no more than 1.5 times the width of your snake at its widest point.

as for 'the worst that can happen is regurge'.......... believe me regurge is NOT something you want to happen!
just as an example in human terms, if you went to a particular restaurant, had a nice meal but then had severe food poisoning how would you feel about going back to that same restaurant the following week and reordering the same dish?
Chimp276 Posted - 25/10/2009 : 15:12:26
Hi an welcome
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/10/2009 : 19:37:55
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHNROX

You should probably be feeding him 2 pinkies every 5-6 days and when he starts eating pinkies in a matter of up to 8 seconds you can move him up to fuzzies for sure, and really dont worry about tying your snake on a larger size prey because realistically the worst that will happen is your snake regurgitate its food :)

8 seconds?

welcome btw
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 18:48:45
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 17:38:46
Pics in photo gallery!
gingerpony Posted - 24/10/2009 : 06:37:30
heya and welcome
lee2308 Posted - 23/10/2009 : 20:55:54
hi and welcome
n/a Posted - 23/10/2009 : 20:18:28
Hi damien. welcome
crazy JJ Posted - 23/10/2009 : 15:02:07
heya n welcum 2 the forum

we need piccies lol...asap please..prety please hehe...look forward 2 them

:) xx
n/a Posted - 23/10/2009 : 11:44:28

Welcome to the forum! Nice to see someone here from Ireland

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Elvis.

I too agree with Kehhlyr re feeding. The thing is, Elvis will happily take whatever you offer, so don't go by his enthusiasm.

HannahB Posted - 23/10/2009 : 06:11:34
hey and welcome
look forwards to seeing piccies
i agree with Kehhlyr try feeding him every 5/6 days - 4 is a little too quick - plus you get an extra days handling!
Kellog Posted - 23/10/2009 : 03:23:12
Hi Damien. You have found a great forum here with lots of experienced owners happy to share their advice and support. Remember that on here no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better to ask and be answered. Fun and friendship are bonuses on the forum. An unwritten forum rule is pictures as soon as possible, which you seem to have in hand! I know if you are also looking elsewhere for advise you will find a lot of that is conflicting. It is what is so good about this forum....if you are not sure then ask! I have always found the advise given here clear and helpful - although there are some topics which will cause discussion, which is always educational.
Sorry, forgot to say 'Welcome to out forum!' xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/10/2009 : 03:02:01
Hiya and welcome to the forum.
Can't wait for piccys.

1 thing though, I wouldn't recommend 2 pinks every 4 days. I'd move it up to 2 every 5-7 days.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000