The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hello new snake owner looking for any advise:)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 17:52:39
hey im very happy to say i brought a baby corn snake today:) but really want to learn more about caring for it and would be really happy for any advise
thankyou :) look forward to hearing from people! x laura
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:58:16
do you have some where for him to hide away in each end?
i would spot clean as you find the mess then do a full claen/disinfect evry 4 weeks with beaclean reptile disinfectant or something simuler for reptiles
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 18:55:17
hey thankyou for replying:) was a bit worried no1 would lol!! i havent choosen a name yet keep changing my mind! i'll put pics on asap but he keeps hidding. i've read the care sheet it all seems quite straight forward but i have a few q's
1.i put some fake plants in the viv with him its attatched to the glass if you know what i mean its close to the light do you think he is cold thats why he is sitting so close to the light or because he is trying to hide?
2.what do i clean the viv out with and when i do do i clean everything that is in there with him even the fake plants?
thankyou again:) xx
HannahB Posted - 16/09/2009 : 07:02:02
hey and welcome
ask any question - ive asked my fair share of 'silly' ones
look forwards to seeing pics of your snakey
Kellog Posted - 15/09/2009 : 21:53:24
Hi Laura and welcome to the forum. You will find there are lots of experienced corn owners who are happy to share their advice and support - they certainly have kept me sane a couple of times! Friendship and fun are the added bonuses!
If you have read the care sheet you will probably know that this 1st week is 'hands off' week, which is really difficult I know but necessary for your snake to recover from the stress of the move and settle in. All you must do is put your hand in each day to change the water and straighten the substrate, staying well away from snakey. It means it gets a chance to get used to your smell without feeling threatened. Also dont feed it during this week, even if it is due a feed. While it is stressed it may not feed or might and then regurge.
I will repeat what has already been said, no question is ever thought of as a silly question - it is better to ask and get an answer rather than not ask and keep worrying.
How old is your corn? Do you know if it has fed regularly before you bought it? Any names yet?? Pics as soon as possible - an unwritten forum rule!! xxx
Brookestar Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:52:21
hi and welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:44:28
heya and welcome
lee2308 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 19:23:22
hi and welcome to the forum
Remmy Posted - 15/09/2009 : 18:36:02
Hi Laura and welcome to the forum. As sam said read the caresheet then ask any questions no matter how silly you think they are
Sammysnake Posted - 15/09/2009 : 17:56:24
Welcome Laura, I've just got my first basby too but have been reading all the stuff on this site for a couple of months. Take a look at the caresheet to answer most of your initial questions
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm
I would also advocate reading through a lot of the past threads on the forum as there is some amazingly useful info there that you can store away for future reference - that's what I'm doing.

Ask any questions - I've had all of mine answered really quickly and in a really friendly manner and do post some pics when you have them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000