The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/09/2009 : 21:30:13
Hi,

We have today bought our first cornsnake. He is (calling him a he) called Milo, I found your forum looking for advice, as our pet shop didn't have a care sheet to hand, and said they'd email it, but I couldn't wait to make sure all the info I had was correct.

Am really excited, having to stop myself from peering in the tank to make sure he is okay every five minutes.

Alicat
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 15:11:46
Hi Alicat like you I am new to the forums too and just recently acquired a lovely corn snake, look forward to seeing a picture of Milo :o)
lucifer Posted - 15/09/2009 : 13:07:34
Welcome to the forums
Remmy Posted - 14/09/2009 : 20:20:52
Hi and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 14/09/2009 : 16:48:22
Hi and welcome to the forum. I like the name Milo, its dead cute!
Kellog Posted - 14/09/2009 : 03:00:32
Have heard some owners use bottled water but I have always used water straight from the tap without any problems. Think you will find many different opinions on what is 'right' and I am not sure if there is a right answer to your question. xxx
KITTYCAT Posted - 13/09/2009 : 16:30:00
Hi n welcome aboard. bottled water is best
lee2308 Posted - 13/09/2009 : 16:20:30
hi and welcome to the forum
Brookestar Posted - 13/09/2009 : 14:59:49
hi and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 09:22:10
Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome. I have already read the caresheet- is how I found the site, found it really helpful. The shop we went to, didn't tell us to wait to feed it, but think that we will follow your advice.

It is going to be a struggle not to get it out, moreso for my bf, but we want to make sure he settles in, and is healthy and happy.

Read on another site, that tap water can be dangerous to lickle snakes, is this true, and should we buy bottled or a filter?
HannahB Posted - 12/09/2009 : 23:21:36
hey and welcome
gingerpony Posted - 12/09/2009 : 22:02:27
heya and welcome
Kellog Posted - 12/09/2009 : 21:56:54
Welcome to a fantastic forum Alicat. There are some very experienced owners on here willing to share their knowledge and their advice, and as Tizzy has already said there is no such thing as a silly question here. Fun and friendship are added bonuses! Need to warn you that pics of your snake as soon as poss is an unwritten forum rule! ;-) xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 12/09/2009 : 21:47:33
Welcome Alicat. You're one step ahead of me. I joined the forum a few weeks back and have been reading up on all the info and will hopefully be getting my first corn in a day or two. The guys here have been very friendly and very helpful to me and there's loads of new info every day.

Good luck with the settling in period. Apparently you're supposed to leave them a week to settle before trying to pick them up - I can imagine that's going to take a lot of willpower!

Sam
Tizzy Posted - 12/09/2009 : 21:44:45
Welcome to the site Alicat, the care sheet on the site really worth a read and we're a friendly lot so feel free to ask any questions, nothing is too daft to ask.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000