The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 cross snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/07/2009 : 13:46:36
hi, I need some help with my snake. he has gone very aggressive recently. I cant get him out or get in to change water etc. Anyone fancy helping me? I am really worried that he will get ill.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 15/08/2009 : 18:10:59
Hey Georgie, can you let us know some more information about your snake, like sexychef asked? Then maybe someone can help to explain your snakes behaviour. xxx
KITTYCAT Posted - 15/08/2009 : 17:10:12
hi n welcome.My male snake gives the impression of been aggressive it used to take me ages to even try n pick him up for feeding or cleaning he was afraid when i wore gloves but he is just a very fast moover and nosey though he is an aggressive eater. Has your snake got somewhere to hide? Hope you havent fed him in the viv!
Kellog Posted - 11/08/2009 : 18:17:48
Hi georgie - how are things going with your snake? Still agressive? xxx
gingerpony Posted - 05/08/2009 : 22:41:33
heya and welcome
Kellog Posted - 03/08/2009 : 20:16:42
How long have you had him? Can understand behaviour if he is new and therefore unsettled but if you have had him a while and have handled him before etc then that is a different story. Need more info. Hope he calms down and is ok. xxx
cherry-milkshake Posted - 01/08/2009 : 16:37:49
quote:
Originally posted by ally

Hi. That's a pain, especially if you get a nip. Someone will be able to give you advice, but I think you need to persist, and definately need to get in to change water. If you're really worried about a bite, try the 'Marigolds'

Lol, yup, try gloves! The more you handle him/her the more he should get used to you. Never straight after feeding though. Try to make it a few mins every day (bar a couple of days after dinner). And don't worry too much about getting bitten - it makes you jump but it doesn't hurt. And may will tell you on here that you're not a proper keeper until you've been tagged Good luck
n/a Posted - 01/08/2009 : 16:15:44
Hi. That's a pain, especially if you get a nip. Someone will be able to give you advice, but I think you need to persist, and definately need to get in to change water. If you're really worried about a bite, try the 'Marigolds'
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 11:49:28
is he kept with any females. it is possible for males to get defensive during mating.
lee2308 Posted - 31/07/2009 : 02:06:10
A t shirt may be better as a sock might be a bit over powering lol,you could also try letting him come out on his own and when he; half way out suort and lift his body,he's probably just being viv defensive.
Brookestar Posted - 30/07/2009 : 17:48:39
wear a sock for an hour then put it in the viv and leave alone for the rest of the day.your snake will get used to your scent and then it should slowly get used to you. many believe this doesnt work but i have had great experiences using this method so its worth a try xD
Brookestar Posted - 30/07/2009 : 17:34:24
hi and welcome
HannahB Posted - 30/07/2009 : 17:25:26
hey and welcome
im sure someone will be able to help you out
Remmy Posted - 30/07/2009 : 15:21:09
Hi and welcome.

How old is he, set up etc. Need a bit more imfo!
sexychef Posted - 30/07/2009 : 15:07:51
hi and welcome.

has anything changed (temps, set up, the room whe is kept)
how long have you had him
where are you based?
n/a Posted - 30/07/2009 : 14:33:16
Hi georgie and welcome, I'am new here myself but will try to help, how old is your corn?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000