The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hii everyone at "the corn snake forum"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 09/06/2012 : 15:54:03
Hi All, im jade & im here with SLASH & ZEPPLIN my 2 female corns, They got there names before i had them sexed!

i used this site for info when i got my first corn 2 years ago.
& thought now is the time to join as im now wanting to know more about the ins and outs of breeding.
Im currently looking for either a Dark coloured (black,silvery, grey) Male of any morph, or a Honey ph Bloodred Male to add to my very feminine collection :)

anyways look forward to meeting more people with the same awesome interest as me! x
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 11/06/2012 : 18:17:55
thank you coyote :)
coyote Posted - 11/06/2012 : 11:25:52
hiya nice snakes a new member myself welcome
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 11/06/2012 : 10:11:06
quote:
Originally posted by QueenVic
Me?

photobucket :) then paste the [img] code into your sig

awsome thanks queenvic :)
QueenVic Posted - 10/06/2012 : 23:08:41
quote:
Originally posted by MissSnakeHandler

oh quickly how did you make your banner? thank youuu!! :)

Me?

photobucket :) then paste the [img] code into your sig
kdlang Posted - 10/06/2012 : 22:41:02
Welcome to the forum. You have 2 gorgeous girls there.
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 10/06/2012 : 21:49:56
oh quickly how did you make your banner? thank youuu!! :)
QueenVic Posted - 10/06/2012 : 21:43:28
No worries :) and good luck with the breeding
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 10/06/2012 : 21:08:52
quote:
Originally posted by QueenVic

[quote]Slash is a normal, and since you don't know if he has any hets I can't really suggest what you should put him with.
Normal is dominant over most morphs apart from Tessera, and buf (i think its called that) so you could pair her with one of those.
Other than that it's just luck if you pair her with any other morph you might find that she is het for something.

just a wait and see gme then hehe ... yeah i mean i would be happy to get normal morph as its my first time breeding them i guess i should stick with the simplest fr now.
plus any hatchling of slash would be special so im not particually fussy.

maybe after i have tried and succeeded then i should try with different more elabrate morphs? :)

thank you for you help btw. :)

and thank you to everyone whos welcomed me,slash and zepplin to forum.
Blackcat Posted - 10/06/2012 : 16:07:05
Hello and welcome, two great looking snakes you have.
nusnakemum Posted - 10/06/2012 : 09:30:21
hiya
smart bunny Posted - 10/06/2012 : 08:21:03
Hiya :)
Dalymad2 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 07:40:51
Hello and welcome , stuning snakes.
Figs Posted - 10/06/2012 : 01:27:08
Hello and welcome!
Gorgeous snakies - love the names too!
Callazagy Posted - 10/06/2012 : 01:25:31
Hi & Wlecome
QueenVic Posted - 10/06/2012 : 01:02:00
I meant that miami is a kind of normal
QueenVic Posted - 10/06/2012 : 01:01:17
quote:

quote:

If they dont have any that match you will just get normal hatchies seen as your females are normal (Is slash a normal?)

This is what happened with mine, and i wasnt expecting any hetsm thought they'd all be normals, but i got 4 surprise morphs :D

Do you know any of the hets of yours?

hey , i got told that Slash was a miami corn, so ive just gone on what an experienced snake breeder told me. but then can you be totally sure? unless you actually talk to the original breeder of the prents of slash.

as for zepplin, she was found in my brothers studio!! so i took her in and had to bring her back to health as she was very under nourished. but not she has gained alot more weight and is very active! i have no idea what morph she is? :S

i dont suppose you would be able to link that "breeding page" to this page?

is there a way of finding out the hets?

Also as you are more experienced than me with the breeding. what morphs would you recommend that i link with slash? as slash would be my first mummy. :)

Slash is a normal, and since you don't know if he has any hets I can't really suggest what you should put him with.
Normal is dominant over most morphs apart from Tessera, and buf (i think its called that) so you could pair her with one of those.
Other than that it's just luck if you pair her with any other morph you might find that she is het for something.
marc_sg Posted - 09/06/2012 : 23:29:40
Hi and welcome
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 09/06/2012 : 22:27:32
quote:

If they dont have any that match you will just get normal hatchies seen as your females are normal (Is slash a normal?)

This is what happened with mine, and i wasnt expecting any hetsm thought they'd all be normals, but i got 4 surprise morphs :D

hey , i got told that Slash was a miami corn, so ive just gone on what an experienced snake breeder told me. but then can you be totally sure? unless you actually talk to the original breeder of the prents of slash.

as for zepplin, she was found in my brothers studio!! so i took her in and had to bring her back to health as she was very under nourished. but not she has gained alot more weight and is very active! i have no idea what morph she is? :S

i dont suppose you would be able to link that "breeding page" to this page?

is there a way of finding out the hets?

Also as you are more experienced than me with the breeding. what morphs would you recommend that i link with slash? as slash would be my first mummy. :)

Bob101 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 19:26:59
hey and welcome!! :D
QueenVic Posted - 09/06/2012 : 19:08:43
quote:

Im currently looking for either a Dark coloured (black,silvery, grey) Male of any morph, or a Honey ph Bloodred Male to add to my very feminine collection :)

Pretty sure you cant get Het bloodred as its a selectively bred morph..

And as for breeding, there are a few threads on here that will help explain the genetics of it all, but its confusing at first.
I pretty much get it all now, but i remember getting very frustrated with it lol!

As for what male you get, it'll all depend on what hets it has and if he shares any of the hets your females have.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000