The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sleeper341 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 10:00:15
Hi,
I am planning on getting a corn snake (maybe 2) and found this site while trying to read up on them and get a good understanding of what I'll be letting myself in for before I buy. The site was really helpful (thanks!) but i have some other questions so I'll be posting them up in the relevent places but obviously wanted to say hello first.

I'm a 36yr old dad of 3, my 10yr old son has been wanting to get a snake for a while now so i thought i'd get 2 so we can look after them together and it will teach him a little responsibility at the same time.

Anyway, thanks for having me here, I'm off to post some questions, I hope you can answer them :)

Tom
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackcat Posted - 29/05/2012 : 16:10:07
Hello and welcome - good luck with persuading the other half.
smart bunny Posted - 28/05/2012 : 19:00:33
quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper341

:) lmao about the mice in the freezer :) I won't be mentioning them until my corn is safely in the house.

I'm sure she'll come round. She did say last night that i can get one once i hand her the divorce papers so that wasn't a flat "No" lol.

Oh dear, not the most promising of starts lol!! Get her to go to a pet shop and see some hatchies? Maybe when she sees how cute and adorable they are she'll give in? She doesn't need to know just yet how big they grow... Or, as someone else has suggested on here - tell her you want a really big snake or a tarantula or something, then tell her you'll compromise with a little corn lol!

I can't understand how anyone can dislike snakes... but so many of the people I tell I have some look at me as if I'm mad! (and I'm just as bad - I don't understand how anyone can like tarantulas as pets lol!!)
Tasha89 Posted - 28/05/2012 : 13:01:09
quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper341

:) lmao about the mice in the freezer :) I won't be mentioning them until my corn is safely in the house.

I'm sure she'll come round. She did say last night that i can get one once i hand her the divorce papers so that wasn't a flat "No" lol.

Good luck sleeper341!
tordyjo Posted - 25/05/2012 : 20:46:45
hi there
Sleeper341 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 14:59:38

Tasha89 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 14:41:29
Well, i only happened to have one at the time i moved in with my mum and i now i have 4 lol!!

Number one i already owned
Number 2 - (lavender) excuse = needed rehoming as he was a problem snake (he was used for breeding and never handled) and every animal needs a second chance, cue sob story!!
Number 3 - baby snow = first baby kept from my first batch cue 'mum i have to keep one from my first batch!'
Number 4 - (carolina stripe) = I had never seen a stripe before and he was the same colour as the first first one (sadly passed away after escaping and being found) my mum knew i had a soft spot for the first first one but wasnt 100% convinced, however a 22" flat screen TV for her room sorted that one out.

Just explain your passion for them and how much you have researched, also make sure you point out that they are easy to look after only need feeding every 7-14 days and cleaning once a monmth, advise that you will take care of everything and she wont have to do anything.

One very important thing......do not advise her at the point of convincing that you have to keep dead mice in the freezer!!....brake the news once she has agrred/or you own the corn lol!! Unless you think she will be ok with it.
Sleeper341 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 14:24:08
:) I look forward to seeing them. It also gives me more time to get my wife to accept the fact that I want a snake!

Any tips on convincing partners that it's all going to be great?
Tasha89 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 13:42:33
I will get normal het lavender hypo and anery, but i dont know what hets the mum and dad are carrying so only time will tell!! Once they hatch i will be posting pictures up.
Sleeper341 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 17:23:09
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha89

No probs, what corn snake are you thinking of getting?

Also i have some corn snake eggs cooking at the moment if you are prepared to wait until mid July?

I can wait :) I'm not really too worried what they are. I do like the charcoal/cinder/ghost/lavender ones or the grey ones with dark red 'patches' - I can't tell you exactly what sort as there seem to be so many morphs with long names! I'm sure I'll get to grips with the types and there colourings eventually :)

Do you know what your clutch might be? what are the likely outcomes from their parents types?
343guiltyspark Posted - 24/05/2012 : 17:02:31
Hi
Tasha89 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 16:46:03
No probs, what corn snake are you thinking of getting?

Also i have some corn snake eggs cooking at the moment if you are prepared to wait until mid July?
Sleeper341 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 16:36:23
Thanks Tasha
Tasha89 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 16:23:40
Hi and welcome, the numbers are:-

1.0.0 = male
0.1.0 = female
0.0.1 = unsexed (i think) please anyone correct me if i am wrong on this one.

The numbers are the quantity of the sex you have
Sleeper341 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 14:37:28
quick question...... what are the numbers next to the snake types in people sigs? (e.g. 0.0.1 Corn etc)?

Thanks
nusnakemum Posted - 24/05/2012 : 07:15:55
helloooo this forum will help you no end i only got into snakes a year ago and this lot are a great help and good fun too
Okeetee Mick Posted - 23/05/2012 : 21:15:41
Welcome to the forum
coxymk2 Posted - 23/05/2012 : 20:28:52
Hello and welcome to the addiction lol
lupi lou Posted - 23/05/2012 : 19:32:04
hi and welcome,
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/05/2012 : 18:44:46
Hi and welcome
Donnie Posted - 23/05/2012 : 18:31:17
Hello and welcome

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000