The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Heey there ! *need some help !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snickkerz Posted - 20/05/2012 : 11:09:46
Heey there ! Im new to the forum and to snakes so i have a few questions as i just got my new adult corn snake yesterday. I haven't handled her or anything because I want her to get used to her new environment but I'm a little worried , she hasn't come out of her hidy hole for 24 hours. would it freak her out if i lifted up the hidy hole to check on her ? how should i get her used to me ? I don't want to scare her or scar her for the rest of her life. shes a year and a half.
any suggestions would be great ! I have done my research but i just wanted to be double sure about things , so i joined a forum to ask questions.
also i need help with names lol, she looks like the snake in the picture of this website
have a great day !
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackcat Posted - 29/05/2012 : 16:04:37
Hello and welcome, as others have said: time and patience should result in a settled snake
marlin Posted - 28/05/2012 : 21:46:04
Everything is assumed to be dangerous when you are a teeny cornsnake. Once you have handled her a few times she will settle down and realise you aren't a threat. If you get tagged - wear your badge with pride!
viraleye Posted - 25/05/2012 : 09:58:05
When i bought my Hatching he was rattling like mad at me so i started to put my hand in his RUB and kept my hand still letting him come to me rather than the other way around. It soon worked andhe knows now that my hand is no threat ti him.

Patience is a virtue!!
Snickkerz Posted - 21/05/2012 : 14:37:57
alright thanks so much you guys ! i already am in love with her and i don't wanna give up ! (: you guys are being very helpful (:
Mamma Posted - 21/05/2012 : 13:00:13
Hi and welcome to the forum
Sharks35 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 08:53:25
When i first got willow i was really quite nervous about getting her out as she seemed quite skittish but after a few weeks i thought sod it went straight in with no hesitation and picked her up, think it caught her by suprise.Seems to have worked well as now im fine getting her out as is she. Theres so much good information on this site and i found just a few mins reading and searching really help.
coxymk2 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 06:16:43
Hello and welcome it just takes time,confidence and a lot of patience.
Georgina Posted - 20/05/2012 : 22:19:42
its hard to understand, but it wont hurt if she does bite you. firstly use steady sure movements and scoop her up. she will be like a baby when you get her out :)
Snickkerz Posted - 20/05/2012 : 22:16:09
shes rattles her tail everytime i put my hand in the viv and she tried jumping at me, how am i gonna get her used to me ? ): && thanks ! ill look that up (:
tordyjo Posted - 20/05/2012 : 22:14:23
hi there, there is a thread for names, if you did a search i'm sure you'll find it to give some ideas
Dalymad2 Posted - 20/05/2012 : 21:23:25
Hi, mine are more active in the evening , just moved from 2ft to 4 ft viv so getting used to new enviroment, they work themselves out.
Let the kids name ours such imagination Corny and Homer lol.
Starmist Posted - 20/05/2012 : 19:09:05
Hi and welcome! Can't wait to see some pictures of your new snakie! As for names there are millions and millions I can suggest! Is there any films you really like you can name it after a character or perhaps a name meaning snake in different languages?
lupi lou Posted - 20/05/2012 : 17:46:13
hi and welcome
Snickkerz Posted - 20/05/2012 : 16:50:34
Thanks guys ! I put in a clean sock after carrying it around for a bit lol and stuck it right beside the entrance of the hidy place (:
Donnie Posted - 20/05/2012 : 15:42:52
Hello and welcome
kev 5 Posted - 20/05/2012 : 15:39:42
hello and welcome
Figs Posted - 20/05/2012 : 13:28:18
Hello and welcome!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 20/05/2012 : 12:21:42
As Georgina says perfectly normal, just be patient.
Georgina Posted - 20/05/2012 : 11:29:50
Its perfectly normal, mine don't come out until the evening and the lights are off :) you can carry a sock or hankie in your pocket for the day and then pop it in with her and she will get used to your scent. Just change her water every other day and have a quick peek if you feel the need and the handle after a week and feed x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000