The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hey!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jonny89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 11:04:11
Hi everybody! Finally got my first ever corn on Sunday, Geoffrey, he is a full stripe and a handsome devil. He seems to be settling in quite well, even if a bit shy. He loves going hiding in his plant if I turn the light on in my room. Hopefully get a video of his first feed tomorrow and some pics while he is out of his faun.

cheers Jonny
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackcat Posted - 29/05/2012 : 16:20:42
Hello and welcome
Donnie Posted - 18/05/2012 : 18:04:23
Usual rule is to leave them for a week to settle then have a little handle and then feed. Wait for 48 hours after feeding and then play time is all yours :)
Jonny89 Posted - 18/05/2012 : 08:46:08
quote:
Originally posted by eddy_supertramp

the guy in the shop said to wait at least 2 weeks before feeding or handling... is this wrong?

So much different advice out there. After getting my first snake on Sunday I've come on here and everybody has been excellent. I'd say it's up to your snake, mine is quite shy and only came out of his hide in front of me for the first time yesterday but I'd say if yours is out exploring he is comfortable with his new home so go get him out and have a play.

Again I am new to this snake keeping business so some more experienced people might be able to put me in my place
eddy_supertramp Posted - 18/05/2012 : 08:12:04
the guy in the shop said to wait at least 2 weeks before feeding or handling... is this wrong?
smart bunny Posted - 16/05/2012 : 16:05:25
Hiya and welcome to the forum :)
Tasha89 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 10:56:49
Let us know how you get on Jonny89.
claire_daz Posted - 16/05/2012 : 10:46:29
Welcome
Donnie Posted - 15/05/2012 : 23:01:24
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny89

I am going to take everyones advice and just leave him to settle in until weekend before handling. He is definitely just adjusting to his new home because, like i said, the main reason i chose him was because of how lively he was.

It will feel like a long week but well worth the wait
Jonny89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:59:16
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

Not sure if you have read it yet but this is a great guide on your set up, definitely worth a read

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

edit; correct obvious spelling mistake

Thanks yeah I read sooooo much stuff before I took the plunge I really wanted to know exactly what I was getting myself in for owning a snake. That is part of the reason I stumbled across this forum
Jonny89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:56:14
I am going to take everyones advice and just leave him to settle in until weekend before handling. He is definitely just adjusting to his new home because, like i said, the main reason i chose him was because of how lively he was.
Donnie Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:49:57
Not sure if you have read it yet but this is a great guide on your set up, definitely worth a read

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

edit; correct obvious spelling mistake
Donnie Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:47:47
He is just settling in, this is normal. As others have said leave him for a week before handling and feeding to let him settle in properly and just go in to change water and spot clean if he poops.
Jonny89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:45:17
I was looking at the Amels but they were all a lot older than Geoffrey and the female stripe there. He's really quiet at the moment, keeps hiding in his plant but he was soooo lively in the shop
Georgina Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:43:23
hi and welcome x
Donnie Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:25:33
it calmed down abut 5 mins after you left and was just me and one other bloke in there so i got to have a good look at the anery (would have had a good look at the normal stripe but you took it ) and nearly held the jungle carpet python but it was striking at everything and did not fancy getting tagged that day, but a lovely snake
Jonny89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:20:51
haha small world. I nearly didn't get him because of how busy it was in there on Sunday but I'd already walked away once last weds and couldn't do it again!!
Donnie Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:10:32
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny89

The only reason i was going to feed him tomorrow is that is what the guy in the shop said. I got him from Viper and Vine in Manchester and got some pinkies with my setup so wouldn't be much of a waste. Just basically he has been a consistent feed on weds...

I know that snake I saw you on Sunday buying it, I was looking at that one and the anery stripe they have there as well (and a jungle carpet python)
tordyjo Posted - 15/05/2012 : 22:07:10
shops are notorious for not giving great advice, its up to you though
ScalySituation Posted - 15/05/2012 : 21:41:10
hello :)
Jonny89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 21:39:54
The only reason i was going to feed him tomorrow is that is what the guy in the shop said. I got him from Viper and Vine in Manchester and got some pinkies with my setup so wouldn't be much of a waste. Just basically he has been a consistent feed on weds...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000