The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 non eater

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
s-vincent Posted - 26/04/2012 : 21:19:25
Roughly 4 / 5 weeks ago my corn (who is roughly 5 foot long and about 2 cms wide) ate a standard sized rat, since then I've not gotten her to eat. I left it 2 weeks after as it was a best meal, not taking food and hides away from it, she's used to being fed with tweasers.

Every week she gets fed but come sunday will be the 3rd week with no feeding happening.

Any ideas?????
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Slither.Skaley.Springie Posted - 28/04/2012 : 15:33:52
I agree with Emmerz. My male only eats once in April. Perhaps you should make sure that your female IS a female.
Emmerz Posted - 27/04/2012 : 16:35:38
Your feeding her too much so she's probably just too full - and 'she' maybe a 'he' because males tend not to eat at breeding season!
Mamma Posted - 27/04/2012 : 08:42:33
A large mouse one every 10-14 days is plenty for an adult corn. Feeding it weekly can cause obesity. Could be you are feeding it too much and it just doesnt wanna eat every 3rd sunday.
sue2012 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 21:30:45
i got a corn same sort of size on a large mouse once a week maybe she just want a few weeks of at that size its not going to do her much harm just keep trying each week dont be tempted to try more often as it can stress them out but i would try just a large mouse for a wile good luck hope she eats soon
Georgina Posted - 26/04/2012 : 21:22:41
is she defo a she? and a rat every week sounds a lot ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000