The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Anyone help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carter Posted - 09/04/2012 : 00:28:30
Hi can any one help me with a hide for my snake i dont wana spend a huge amount on a hide for my baby corn iv got a viv and water bowl and my heat mats on its way
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:08:48
I have used surrypets several times. Spot on every time x
serena_08 Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:04:30
Or a Habistat one. Cheap and really fast delivery :)
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/habistat-mat-stat-thermostat-100w.html
Carter Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:02:54
Ok thanks
paulie78 Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:01:03
quote:
Originally posted by Carter

What stat do i need for a 6" 11" mat 7w

Carter just an on/off stat will do £23 quid for a brand new microclimate stat from ebay thats good for up to 100 watts or a few quid more for the habistat type but do not go by the dial use a seperate digital thermometer (a few quid on ebay) to check your temps
Mamma Posted - 09/04/2012 : 11:01:29
you can use anything as hides pringles tubes, toilet roll tubes, empty easter egg boxes etc
tordyjo Posted - 09/04/2012 : 09:56:59
make sure you don't feed the snake until you have the heatmat and stat in place, it needs the warmth to digest its meal
Carter Posted - 09/04/2012 : 01:29:42
What stat do i need for a 6" 11" mat 7w
Carter Posted - 09/04/2012 : 01:27:34
Ok thanks just iv been told that you dont need a stat if you put the mat under the tank just posted for more info really and na you dont sound like a bitch id rather be told than find out the hard way and its in the best interest ov the snake
Okeetee Mick Posted - 09/04/2012 : 01:00:58
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

First of all. You NEED a thermostat and digital thermometer to control your heat mat or you could seriously burn your snake. Money cannot be considered an option in this instance! Vet bills cost more than a stat and thermometer!
Secondly, hides can be made of anything. Easter egg boxes are good. Or something slightly smaller for a baby.

Please take the time to read this before you get your snake, its very useful. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

Edit: That post made me sound like a right B*tch! Sorry about that. Just important to do the research prior to committing! :)

No it didn't, it's common sense
Katie.Dublin Posted - 09/04/2012 : 00:42:43
First of all. You NEED a thermostat and digital thermometer to control your heat mat or you could seriously burn your snake. Money cannot be considered an option in this instance! Vet bills cost more than a stat and thermometer!
Secondly, hides can be made of anything. Easter egg boxes are good. Or something slightly smaller for a baby.

Please take the time to read this before you get your snake, its very useful. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

Edit: That post made me sound like a right B*tch! Sorry about that. Just important to do the research prior to committing! :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000