The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Sheding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leerich2003 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 23:20:51
Hi everyone,
I have had the corn snake for about 2 months now and he has not shed yet how long does it take before he sheds?

Just bought a dimming thermostat for the viv where abouts do I put the sensor and whats the best way of securing the cable do I need to keep the heatmat on aswell or not?

cheers

leerich2003
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 08/04/2012 : 01:26:57
corn snake will only bask if they have to, it is not natural behaviour. led light are great for viewing and a mat is the best type of heat for them, stated of course.

cors are Crepuscular in the wild which means they are most active at dawn and dusk.

and by have a heat lamp on during the night can confuse the snake into thinking is day time when it isnt.
leerich2003 Posted - 08/04/2012 : 00:10:44
The light is so I can see her at night and so she can bask but thanks for your input.
Donnie Posted - 07/04/2012 : 21:07:30
Corns do not need to bask they will get all of their heat from the mat. If you want a light to see her with Ikea do some LED lights that work great and do not put out any (very minimal) heat.
leerich2003 Posted - 07/04/2012 : 20:44:27
The light is so I can see her at night and so she can bask but thanks for your input.
a33272 Posted - 07/04/2012 : 00:00:23
you dont need a lamp because ya using a bigger viv. you can get adequate size mates for vivs.
leerich2003 Posted - 06/04/2012 : 23:43:28
Hi thanks for the replies. I have a light for the dimming stat not a mat. I also have a mat but thinking of moving away from it as the light is needed for the biger viv I have thought it would heat one end better I think,what do you guys think.Got a nice suprise today slithet shedded today for the first time since we have owned her think its a her the tail is longer and thinner.will post some pics soon.
kev 5 Posted - 06/04/2012 : 00:05:37
agree with georgina about using a glue gun to fix the probe to the heat mat.
kev 5 Posted - 06/04/2012 : 00:01:41
i wouldn't worry,if you're snake is getting fed correctly it will shed when it's ready
Georgina Posted - 05/04/2012 : 23:24:30
as for shedding, one of mine took two months to shed and the other 6 weeks, depends on age.

as for the stat, i use a glue gun to fix the stat probe and a thermometer probe to the middle of the mat.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000