The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi im new and i have a question for you experts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cornsnakes24 Posted - 20/02/2012 : 21:49:25
hi ya our names are donna and Aaron

we was kind of hoping you might be able to help us, we have been placing all our females older enough for breeding and a male in the one tank together.
It's been going great no fighting just a lot of chasing from the male (big Dave) and a lot of running from the females lol .
it seems one of our females and we know which one, has been bleeding we think from her poopy hole (excuse the childs language not sure how to put it). we was wondering if anyone might have some information as to why this may be happening or what caused it.
we would be grate full for any help we could get .
thankyou very much for your time
love from Aaron and Donna xxxxxxx
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cornsnakes24 Posted - 22/02/2012 : 21:24:52
thanks em yeah she has this will actually be her fourth year breeding and we have had no problems before, but thankyou i will check out the health and breeding section to thankyou again xxxxxx
Mort13 Posted - 22/02/2012 : 09:39:31
Hi and welcome. You may get more advice on the bleeding vent if you ask about it in the health or breeding section.
I've never bred myself,but I'd be inclined to keep the male away from her as it could make matters worse. Has the female with the problem bred before?
I also echo what Katie has said above.
cornsnakes24 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 19:57:26
I hear you loud and clear I didn't think its was such a good idea either but my partners view is different, but that in mind we do have the space and the instruments and food supply to house and provide for many a hatchling. I do agree with you they all sounds stressed out but the chasing only happens once we introduce he's previous breeding mate, she seems to kick him in to gear. Whilst she's not there he's just not in the mood which is rather peculiar behaviour but then in the previous breeding seasons he has only been roomed with her. Thankyou for your advice was just looking to see if anyone knew what had caused it really xxxxxx
Mamma Posted - 21/02/2012 : 18:18:42
I have to say, for me, katie has worded it spot on. xx
Katie.Dublin Posted - 21/02/2012 : 18:07:51
Hi and welcome,

Well placing all your females in with the male sounds like a bad idea to begin with! They sound fairly stressed out from what you're saying about them trying to get away from him. I am not a breeder but I don't think bleeding from the vent is normal after mating.

Also have you prepared for up to 10 eggs from each female if it happens? That's lots of incubation space needed for eggs and lots of space for cricket tubs for each individual hatchling that will also need to be heated... plus pinkies etc...

Like i said i'm not a breeder but it just doesn't sound like good breeding practice
cornsnakes24 Posted - 20/02/2012 : 22:03:47
also just to add we have 7 snakes in total and will upload some pics of all of them as soon as i know how but they're names are big Dave, hudinie, Milky (who we believe to be a milk snake in stead of a milk/corn cross),Saphira, Shadow( both ghost anerys we think) big berther(creamsicle) and little Dave who happens to be a baby of big Dave and hudinie lol so we have quite a family so far xxxxxxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000