The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Shisha

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moriarty Posted - 16/02/2012 : 22:46:08
So I finally got my first corn snake today after a long while of waiting and researching, and saving... x_x
I'm really happy with the snake that I found, he was advertised as a Normal Motley, and upon looking at him I'd say that was fairly accurate a description of him, although if any of you guys think differently I'd love to know your suggestions!

I named him Shisha, after the Hindu snake God (I know that's spelt Shesha), and the pipe! I think the name suits him really well.
Enough chat from me, I'll post some pictures so you can see him. (I assume it's a male, but I'm not sure yet!)

Shisha:

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LarkaDawg Posted - 18/02/2012 : 20:35:40
Hey and welcome, lovely little snake there. Yep hiding is perfectly normal, and I would probably feed him when he's due.. but that depends on how well settled in he is. If he is seclusive then I'd wait two more days, postponing a feed shouldn't do him much harm if he's healthy
tordyjo Posted - 18/02/2012 : 18:46:27
hi there
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 18/02/2012 : 17:59:08
welcome,stunning snake
ScalySituation Posted - 18/02/2012 : 17:43:24
welcome to the forum, he is a little stunner!
Moriarty Posted - 18/02/2012 : 14:33:21
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Totally - when we got Corno we didn't see her for 3 weeks (except when I lifted her hides now and again to make sure she was still OK/to get her out for feeds). Then all of a sudden she started coming out and now happily wanders about her faun for an hour or so morning and evening. It's really obvious now when she's going into blue as we're so used to her exploring in the evening it's noticeable when she suddenly goes into hiding again!

Ah thank you, I had a feeling he might be creeping out now and then, I just miss seeing the little guy already! He's due a feed on Tuesday 21st, that will be the 5th day I have had him home. Shall I take him out and try the feed, or shall I wait an extra 2 days so he's had his week to settle?
thistle Posted - 18/02/2012 : 13:55:37
Hi, welcome to the forum.
garrie Posted - 18/02/2012 : 11:40:13
Very cute corn , welcome to the forum
Okeetee Mick Posted - 17/02/2012 : 16:21:03
Welcome to the forum
smart bunny Posted - 17/02/2012 : 13:23:12
Totally - when we got Corno we didn't see her for 3 weeks (except when I lifted her hides now and again to make sure she was still OK/to get her out for feeds). Then all of a sudden she started coming out and now happily wanders about her faun for an hour or so morning and evening. It's really obvious now when she's going into blue as we're so used to her exploring in the evening it's noticeable when she suddenly goes into hiding again!

Edit - I forgot to say - he most likely will be moving around, he'll just wait until you are definitely not around! We'd find things had moved around the viv the next morning even though we never saw her lol!
Moriarty Posted - 17/02/2012 : 11:15:22
Hey guys, thanks for your replies! I just have a quick question, I know I only bought him home yesterday, but when we first put him in his viv he was investigating everything, and checking it all out, but for all of last night, and this morning, he's not moved out from under the coconut shell hide in the middle of the viv.

Is it normal for them to stay for so long in one place? I don't want him to be uncomfortable!

Thanks again :)
nusnakemum Posted - 17/02/2012 : 10:43:15
hiya
Blackcat Posted - 17/02/2012 : 10:03:32
Hello and welcome, a very pretty little snake you have.
lupi lou Posted - 17/02/2012 : 09:55:49
hi he's cute!
smart bunny Posted - 17/02/2012 : 08:50:21
He is lovely :) Welcome to the forum :)
Mamma Posted - 17/02/2012 : 08:49:33
he is lovely
scottishbluebird Posted - 16/02/2012 : 23:57:12
Hi and welcome
gmac Posted - 16/02/2012 : 22:53:35
hi and welcome
paulie78 Posted - 16/02/2012 : 22:50:56
aww hes a pretty lil thing welcome to the forum