The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 New here and new snake owner :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 16/02/2012 : 21:34:15
Hi all my name is Darrkang3l or Darrk for short :)
i have wanted a snake for ages but only just settled down in a permanent living place.

i followed the guide from here to set up my faun and purchased myself a lovely Anery corn.
I don't know the sex lets just say he for now, i called him shayde.
he had only just eaten the day before i bought him and i bought him yesterday. he has been very shy and just kept himself in one of his hides and come out this morning for a little exploration and drink then back in all day. I am very eager to handle him but i know i have to wait! any suggestions on when to first handle him? Thanks and a big HELLO to everyone!

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
darrkang3l Posted - 19/02/2012 : 12:47:42
for those who asked for pics. uploaded in the photo section! :)
thistle Posted - 18/02/2012 : 13:56:46
Hi, welcome to the forum.
darrkang3l Posted - 18/02/2012 : 11:48:48
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

Hey, welcome to both Shayde and yourself

Thanks! :)
garrie Posted - 18/02/2012 : 11:39:19
Hey, welcome to both Shayde and yourself
darrkang3l Posted - 17/02/2012 : 17:11:58
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Welcome to the forum

Thanks! :)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 17/02/2012 : 16:22:02
Welcome to the forum
darrkang3l Posted - 17/02/2012 : 15:01:35
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

Hi there

HI! :)
Mamma Posted - 17/02/2012 : 13:44:21
Hi there
darrkang3l Posted - 17/02/2012 : 13:34:18
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

I was worried about that too, especially as we have a small faun so putting the feeding tub inside is not possible! I just wait until the food is settled in her tum and she's stopped squeezing it down and starts to explore the tub again, then very gently support her with both hands - 1 under the bulge - and move into the faun and then leave her. I was really nervous the first time but she's always been fine

thanks! yeah im pretty nervous about feeding him! although im exited for him to get used to me!
smart bunny Posted - 17/02/2012 : 13:28:06
I was worried about that too, especially as we have a small faun so putting the feeding tub inside is not possible! I just wait until the food is settled in her tum and she's stopped squeezing it down and starts to explore the tub again, then very gently support her with both hands - 1 under the bulge - and move into the faun and then leave her. I was really nervous the first time but she's always been fine
nusnakemum Posted - 17/02/2012 : 10:44:47
helloooo
lupi lou Posted - 17/02/2012 : 10:00:03
hi and welcome, i feed 8 in his rub, saying that he is on cage carpet so no risk of him injesting that, and i feed off tweezers so my scent isn't on the food item. think its down to personal preferance
Blackcat Posted - 17/02/2012 : 09:59:19
Hello and welcome, I love anery's so can't wait for the photos.
As for moving after he has eaten, I just put the small tub I fed in back in the main viv/RUB and allow snakey to leave as and when they want.
darrkang3l Posted - 17/02/2012 : 09:49:07
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Hi and welcome General advice is to feed outside the faun in a rub so as to be sure the snake cannot ingest any substrate which may stick to the mouse etc. Not everyone does though, but it you do feed in the faun best to put some kitchen roll down etc for the same reason.

thanks for the advice! im just abit worried about moving it after its eaten :/
smart bunny Posted - 17/02/2012 : 08:47:28
Hi and welcome General advice is to feed outside the faun in a rub so as to be sure the snake cannot ingest any substrate which may stick to the mouse etc. Not everyone does though, but it you do feed in the faun best to put some kitchen roll down etc for the same reason.
darrkang3l Posted - 17/02/2012 : 00:18:14
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Hi and welcome 7 days to settle in, and a pic is a must, love anerys!

okay i will not remove him until its time to feed then :) ileput a pic up as soon as hes out his hide :) thanks for the welcome!
scottishbluebird Posted - 16/02/2012 : 23:59:18
Hi and welcome 7 days to settle in, and a pic is a must, love anerys!
darrkang3l Posted - 16/02/2012 : 22:40:00
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

hi and welcome

Hi! thanks admin!
gmac Posted - 16/02/2012 : 21:56:14
hi and welcome
Donnie Posted - 16/02/2012 : 21:53:14
I feed mine in a separate tub as I was told that by doing this your snake will not expect feeding every time you put your hand in, but I know somebody who feeds his in their viv so not 100% sure which is best but i am sure the more experienced keepers will have good advice.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000