The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello! Got my first on Weds, getting second today!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helsbels Posted - 21/01/2012 : 09:44:01
Hello everyone! First, this is a brilliant forum, it's been so helpful. I picked up Felix, my lavender 5 month old, on Wednesday, and he had his first feed yesterday so he's sound asleep for the next 48 hours. My boyfriend and I like him so much that we thought there could be a potential 'tug of love' situation, so we are going to get a second one today for my boyfriend! Don't know what morph yet, but I'll post pics when our new baby arrives. they are going to be spoiled, they've each got the lovely new Monkfield nutrition terrainiums to live in. Posh snakes! So excited about the arrival of number 2 (although I dread to think what my boyfriend might call him, he was seriously considering 'snakey'!!! Nice to meet you all, Hels

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 30/01/2012 : 12:56:46
Hi,and welcome. He's beautiful. I love the big dark eyes of Lavenders.
LarkaDawg Posted - 28/01/2012 : 14:23:19
He's gorgeous!
ScalySituation Posted - 27/01/2012 : 18:51:51
hope they treat you nicely :P
tordyjo Posted - 27/01/2012 : 18:51:16
hi there - addictive hobby isn't it!
Falice Posted - 24/01/2012 : 16:36:45
that didn't take long did it! lol good luck with your new friends
Elicia Posted - 23/01/2012 : 19:42:00
Ha ha ha! Now that is a strange snake story!Did you end up getting the ipod too :)

Aww I wish my Percy was like that and coming up to the glass!Shes really timid (she is a she despite the name!)shes ok to handle but is very jumpy when you move your hands.I see her come out of her coconut shell and as soon as I move,she whizzes back in!In hoping its just her age and the fact ive only had her two weeks.

Yes ill post some pics if we get another but to be honest in really hankering after a Tokay gecko! (probably going to end up with a huge mental collection like most of the others on here!)

ps-think I saw in another post that you were having trouble with a forum signature? email me some pics if you want and ill sort one out for you.My emails on my profile.

Elicia.x
Helsbels Posted - 23/01/2012 : 12:46:33
Thank you, photos of our new Butter will be going up soon.....
thistle Posted - 23/01/2012 : 11:50:49
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Your little lavender is gorgeous! Congrats on your new additions.
Helsbels Posted - 23/01/2012 : 10:16:47
Even weirder for me..... I went to buy an Ipod, the store was sold out of Ipods, and there was a new reptile store next door. My boyfriend has kept many different breeds of snakes before, and suggested that we drop in seeing as we had a wasted journey so far.... and I walked out with a brand new Viv, picked up my first corn Felix 4 days later, and got Butters on the following Saturday! I fell in love with them on the spot. It's good to have 2, because I can already see they have very different personalities. Felix is more timid but very sweet natured, but Butters is so brave and completely mad, he tears around his viv and comes right up to the glass every time I was past. He does a 'periscope' thing with his head and neck sticking out of his hide so he can check everything out that is going on around him. It's so nice to have two. Tell me if you do get another one, and I'd love to see pics! Helen xx
Elicia Posted - 22/01/2012 : 23:54:24
Im not all educated on the different types of morphs yet. I do like normals though and would probably get another, I do like bloodreds though and I keep seeing pictures of black and white colored corn snakes although im not sure what morph they are??
Its so weird how ive even ended up with a corn snake...Ive never kept any type of reptile and went to buy a gecko...and ended up falling completely in love with corns!

Elicia.
Helsbels Posted - 22/01/2012 : 09:50:42
DO IT!! (As long as you have room!) My boyfriend and I have chosen snakes with staggered feeding days, so that when one snake is resting up for 48 hours we still have the other around to handle. Works out nicely. What morph would you get next?
Elicia Posted - 21/01/2012 : 20:28:27
Hi there,
Its true about the addiction thing...I got Percy two weeks ago and am already thinking about snakey number two!
Helsbels Posted - 21/01/2012 : 16:21:21
Thanks guys, I have to stop at two because we don't have room for any more vivs! Although, I would LOVE a Tessera one day!!! xx
Okeetee Mick Posted - 21/01/2012 : 15:59:18
Congrats on your new arrival, you really don't think it will stop at two do you?
Kath Posted - 21/01/2012 : 15:58:16
Hi Hels, welcome... Felix is gorgeous, can't wait to see pics of Butters.
Helsbels Posted - 21/01/2012 : 15:09:49
Well, we're back with our new baby and he's settled into his shiny new viv! He's a lovely 6 month old Butter Corn. And the imaginative, inspired, creative and witty name that my boyfriend chose for him? Yep, you guessed it..... 'BUTTERS'!!!! Picture to follow when we get him out in around a week.
ScalySituation Posted - 21/01/2012 : 14:47:39
Felix is very very very beautiful. nowt wrong with the name snakey! that was on my shortlist too!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/01/2012 : 14:46:41
Hi and welcome
herriotfan Posted - 21/01/2012 : 11:20:41
Ha, ha, ha, didn't take long for the addiction to get you!!!!!
Welcome to our world....
Blackcat Posted - 21/01/2012 : 11:15:08
Hi and welcome, Felix is stunning.
I have, as informed off here, found them addictive and already have two!
Looking forward to seeing your next addition

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000