The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Cookie and Mav - new purchases

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
daveono1 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 21:38:23
Hi people,

Just thought i'd introduce myself as i have used these forums like a bible in the last 3 weeks. I have two new female baby corns called cookie and maverick. Purchased them together as i thought they would like a mate to grow up with but separated them immediately due to the hot topic debate on here.

Thanks for all the advice that you didn't know you have given me with set ups, feeding, building viv's and everything else. I will now try and pass on what little knowledge i have learnt and become involved with the forum and i'm sure will be on here asking more advice throughout the years.

also just checking if my signature works. Yay!

***moved to Intros by GP***
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 15/03/2011 : 02:04:59
hey and welcome to z forum
daveono1 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 01:54:04
ha tell me about it, i wanted to get them out all the time. Mav fed today so handled her for the 1st time. Even though I've had her for 3 weeks she was too scared to come out and play but seemed to enjoy being out of her viv. Hopefully will be better at human interaction now.
Kat Posted - 14/03/2011 : 21:44:56
They're absolutely gorgeous! Good on you getting two at the beginning. We got one last September who sadly died just before Christmas, got another yesterday and I'm checking out more morphs already! Hardest part about new snakeys is leaving them alone for a whole week.

Extremely cute snakeys.
mikerichards Posted - 14/03/2011 : 21:30:48
nah, its not a corn, or a diadem, for a start they are rear fanged, and hard to get hold of, and its certainly not a trans pecos, i go with the pit cross, there looks alot like there is gopher or pine in that face.
the markings would tie up better with Pits too.
sparkaly Posted - 14/03/2011 : 20:55:16
Hi and welcome
Lovely snakeys :)
stotty01 Posted - 14/03/2011 : 19:36:28
think its some sort of ratsnake to me....a royal didem ratsnake or a trans peco ratsnake :) very very nice though :)
HannahB Posted - 14/03/2011 : 17:34:24
hey and welcome
beautiful snakes - whatever Maverick is, s/he is gorgeous
gingerpony Posted - 14/03/2011 : 13:47:15
VERY nice but not pure corn........i was thinking it looked like a pit x corn from the markings but definitely not a pit. head/eyes
Mort13 Posted - 14/03/2011 : 13:19:22
Hi and welcome. They are both lovely snakes.
I'm sure if you make a post in the morph section someone will know.
ozziesmum Posted - 14/03/2011 : 08:26:13
Hi and welcome :)
Invalid User Posted - 14/03/2011 : 08:07:08
Welcome to the forum.

Cookie and Maverick are lovely.

Don't worry, Maverick is still a gorgeous snake! I think it's her colour and also her head shape in the siggy pic makes her look different. She could be a hybrid maybe? I'm not expert though, infact I'm still a bit rubbish with corn morphs lol

Edit: Maybe get back intouch with the breeder and just ask him what morph she is?
daveono1 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 23:59:19

A better picture of her
daveono1 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 23:50:53
I think Cookie is a normal but was never sure about Mav... Was gonna post her up in the Morph section for ideas as i know her patterns are a bit strange which is why i got her. She was in the same small RUB with cookie and another corn when i bought her from Pauls Reptile Den (google it) he breeds lots of reptiles and has done for years.
daveono1 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 23:43:25
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Hello and welcome!
Gorgous looking snakies
are you sure Maverick is a corn??

What makes you say that?

I didn't ask her morph in the shop but the guy i went to housed all the corns together. It didn't even occur to me that she wouldn't be and i asked for 2 cornsnakes... What could she be if not? bit worried now
gmac Posted - 13/03/2011 : 23:31:41
hi and welcome
Figs Posted - 13/03/2011 : 23:18:56
Hello and welcome!
Gorgous looking snakies
are you sure Maverick is a corn??
gingerpony Posted - 13/03/2011 : 22:14:44
quote:
Originally posted by daveono1

Ha i think i posted in the wrong area... oops, now copy and paste into new members bit

sorted

heya and welcome
gingerpony Posted - 13/03/2011 : 22:14:07
quote:
Originally posted by thistle

Hi, welcome to the forum. Your snakeys are both gorgeous!

I'm fairly new to corns as well, I got Barnaby around 2mths ago, and have also found this forum invaluable. I spent weeks going through pages and pages of past posts and any question I could ever think of was answered.

Everyone on here is so helpful and really friendly. We all look forward to seeing lots of pics of your new additions and hearing all about them.

sorry thistle, i was just tidying up the threads
daveono1 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 21:55:57
Ha i think i posted in the wrong area... oops, now copy and paste into new members bit
herriotfan Posted - 13/03/2011 : 21:42:47
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
It's always good to know that new owners have found the site a good resource. Ask away if you need help. You've probably gathered we're a friendly lot who are always happy to assist!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000