The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi newbie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cammy Posted - 28/01/2011 : 10:02:45
hi im new to this so please be patient..im going to try to get my own snake ive got a viv and heat mat but im looking for bits and pieces now..im going to have a corn snake as ive been told theyre easy to look after..i live in chichester so will need to see what exotic pet stores i have around me
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 10:11:04
Hi and welcome. Good luck finding the perfect snake for you. Sounds like you're doing everything right and preparing well.
You won't regret it,they make wonderful pets. Addictive though.....you've been warned!
thistle Posted - 29/01/2011 : 21:22:28
Hi!

Welcome to the forum.
crazy JJ Posted - 29/01/2011 : 00:08:18
hey and welcome here
n/a Posted - 28/01/2011 : 20:25:45
Welcome - good luck! + post pictures :D
lrv2307 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 13:49:16
quote:
Originally posted by MeandMilo

hi and welcome to the forum
corn snakes do make great beginner as and as previously mentioned they don't need as much care as other reptiles and they are really good natured they rarely bite and they become docile quickly, they are quite hardy and when they become adults (3ft-5ft ish, my snake is 4ft-4.5ft ) they are manageable.

there are a few 'stickys' on the forum with additional info and some around, that might have help full websites

good luck snake hunting

am just lovin your banner pic of milo....cracking pic

Kehhlyr Posted - 28/01/2011 : 13:09:18
Hi and welcome.
I think we have a couple members roughly in your direction (ish), they may also be able to recommend a decent rep shop near you as well.
If you have a looky on our care sheet, that'll also list the important bits that are a must have for keeping a cornsnake, it's actually not a lot really, faun a good size for snake, heatmat, stat, hides, waterbowl, substrate.
To be honest everything else is optional, any questions then don't hesitate to ask.
MeandMilo Posted - 28/01/2011 : 12:27:21
hi and welcome to the forum
corn snakes do make great beginner as and as previously mentioned they don't need as much care as other reptiles and they are really good natured they rarely bite and they become docile quickly, they are quite hardy and when they become adults (3ft-5ft ish, my snake is 4ft-4.5ft ) they are manageable.

there are a few 'stickys' on the forum with additional info and some around, that might have help full websites

good luck snake hunting
MrsA82 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 12:22:23
Hi and welcome. I've had mine for 6 days now. She called Lola and lovely. This is such a useful website!
Invalid User Posted - 28/01/2011 : 11:39:45
Hi and welcome.
n/a Posted - 28/01/2011 : 11:30:01
Hello and welcome, sounds like you've been biten by the snake bug
Inkygirl Posted - 28/01/2011 : 11:07:24
welcome to the forum :)
herriotfan Posted - 28/01/2011 : 10:48:46
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
A cornsnake is a very good choice for beginners. Have a look on our caresheet, via the homepage. Also do as much research as you can before you get your snake. Once you've got all the bits get it all set up and have it running for a week or so before you get the snake to make sure all your temperatures are ok and stable.
Good luck with finding everything.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000