The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi guys, a quick intro and Milos story

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MeandMilo Posted - 25/01/2011 : 19:40:08
hi everyone ive just joined up with my new good natured 3yr old carolina corn snake called Milo who is a 4ft long

i have no picks of him cause he's settling in to his new home (which beats his old home (in my oppinion) the worlds worst reptile pet store in my small town and he was in as a tiny vivarium of 2ft by 1ft(for his size), with a stupidly small heat mat and no hide with only a water bowl ).
even when he had not the best living conditions he was still healthy, happily handled, bright eyed, active and tongue flicky compared to the other snakes (who hardly ever moved)that they had there.

it took a lot of research, nagging and hinting at my parents to let be buy milo ( i paid £95! for him) and he now lives in a 36"x15"x16" vivexotic vivarium, which is full of plants and a branch, a heat mat (that covers half of his vivarium instead of the corner),a decent size water bowl and a nice cosy hide (finally)

i look forward to hearing everyones advice, sharing advice, seeing other snakes
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:37:24
Hiya and welcome to the forum! Everyone's really friendly on here, you'll love it
Mort13 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 16:38:31
Hi and congrats on Milo. He sounds lovely and it sounds like he's got a very good home with you.
I wouldn't worry about him not doing much at the mo as he's settling in and he's most likely been craftily prowling about when you've gone bed.
MeandMilo Posted - 26/01/2011 : 16:25:44
thanks everyone for the warm welcome milo's still shy so im think i will try and handle him in a couple of days time, but im not sure if i should though? he has spent the majority of the time in his hide and hasn't ventured out to explore his new home.
any suguestions
razza Posted - 26/01/2011 : 15:25:20
hello and welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some pics
scubadude Posted - 26/01/2011 : 12:40:36
Hi and welcome to you and Milo, Looks like he's a very lucky snake to find a mum like you :D
a33272 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 11:27:08
hi ya

awwwwww sounds like milo has found himself a good mummy
herriotfan Posted - 26/01/2011 : 09:50:07
Hi
Welcome to the forum. So pleased that Milo now has found such luxury and a good owner!
pompeyjohn Posted - 26/01/2011 : 07:34:21
Hi joined yesterday myself with Stevie so Welcome to site.
thistle Posted - 25/01/2011 : 23:16:54
Hi welcome to the forum!

Sounds like Milo has landed lucky with you as his new owner. Bet he can't believe his luck moving in to such a fantastic viv after his last home.
MeandMilo Posted - 25/01/2011 : 21:58:27
to me it was like love at first sight! he was the most active and attractive snake in the room! i came in every week or two just to cheak up on him and ask stuff like 'when was the last time he was feed?' ect
there never really was a reptile store in my home town and it is a good idea to have one, but sadly it was a pretty poor first store they had a 7ft albino burmese python in a 6ftx3ftft and he also had no hide (do burmers even need hide? hmmm?) he only a water bowl and no vivarium dector, and the ball python was hiding under his water bowl and newspaper as substrate.
but at least milo is now in safe hands now
Invalid User Posted - 25/01/2011 : 21:03:59
Welcome to you and Milo.

Sounds like you have given hima lovely home.

Look forward to pics once he's settled.
n/a Posted - 25/01/2011 : 20:20:03
Welcome and ello to Milo too
gmac Posted - 25/01/2011 : 20:08:19
hello and welcome
Figs Posted - 25/01/2011 : 19:44:17
Hello and welcome to you and Milo!
Nice to know he's got a lovely new home with you now

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000