The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 New and Nervous Corn Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/11/2010 : 23:59:03
Hi, I'm new to the forum and i just recently bought a 6 month old corn snake named

I bought him a couple of days ago,but he is still nervous when I come near to pick him up. I have held him many times at the pet store before buying him and he was more then fine with me.

I am not worried seeing as it is the first few days of him being in a new location, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do so he is more comfortable with me?

help would be wonderful, thank you!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 24/11/2010 : 12:55:57
Hello and welcome. My babies settled within a few days but one of my adults is only now brave enough to show him self a month after i got him. They are all different try not to worry. It's a great forum by the way, people have advised me no end and probably will for years to come!
herriotfan Posted - 24/11/2010 : 10:08:20
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new snake. Once he settles down he'll be fine and you can really begin to enjoy snake ownership.
Invalid User Posted - 24/11/2010 : 08:05:25
Hi and welcome.
Mort13 Posted - 24/11/2010 : 08:03:58
Hi and welcome. Congrats on your new little snake
If you leave him to settle in for a week he'll be feeling more secure in his surroundings and hopefully will be a bit calmer. They are all different though,Loki has never come to me but is perfectly happy being handled and Falcor came over to me in the first week and seems to relish coming out of his viv.
If you run your fingers through his substrate (thats if its not kitchen roll obviously) then you'll have your scent in his enclosure which would help. Some people recommend an old sock or something similar. Tuck the sock in your top for a day so it really smells of you and put it in his viv.
Good luck,I'm sure you'll have a happy little snake soon.
crazy JJ Posted - 24/11/2010 : 00:39:41
heya and welcome here :)
gmac Posted - 24/11/2010 : 00:36:14
welcome to the forum, congrats on your purchase.

It will be a new environment for your snake, so it will take a bit of time for it to settle into its new home and surroundings, give it a week hands off period, just changing water and spot cleaning if you have to. Have a search though the forum for more info on new snakes and letting them settle and handling new conrs.
n/a Posted - 24/11/2010 : 00:31:55
first of all is the viv prople decked out, it is the old case of your snake geting used to his new home and your place. what i have done in the past when keeping royals wich are much more nervuss than most corns, leave the snake alone as much as you can for a week, all so dont be to shocked when it molts if its not to happy with you wonting to handly after that way i was told its geting used to his new skin,

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000