The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi, Introducing BUZZ

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boogles Posted - 04/10/2010 : 23:16:53
Thought id put some photos up of my first corn snake and give you an idea on how i ended up with him...

I never really LOVED snakes, no fear but i definately wouldnt have thought about keeping one as a pet. My girlfriend then said she wanted a snake for her 21st birthday. Her reasons were "she wanted a pet that has zero impact on a rented house, is awesome and that she can easily hide from a visiting landlord." So i thought.... SNAKE!

so i printed a load of care sheets off and made her read them to see if she still wanted one. She did.Then i amde the mistake of showing her a morph website. A BUTTER MOTTLEY!

found one after some searching and got her a faun/heatmat and stat setup. she took home Bailey and was well chuffed.

After all the research and planning. i felt bad when she took him home. So after moving into my enw uni house. My housemate then decides to add to the adult corn snake he has. He gets a rainbow boa hatchling. I NEED TO GET ME A CORN SNAKE....

SO after a bit of searching and buying stuff i end up with this...

BUZZ (named after buzz lightyear as the marking on his ehad looks like a rocketship)

HE IS AWESOME....

as you were...
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boogles Posted - 08/10/2010 : 17:17:57
haha big time...

Kellog Posted - 08/10/2010 : 02:47:43
quote:
Originally posted by boogles

Had him just over 2 weeks....

I left him for 4 days as he was handled LOADS before and when iw as changing the water he came up and started climbing my hand. so ive been taking him out whenever since then.

I read ll those threads/links etc before buying bailey. so i was well set up for buzz.

Thanks for the welcomes and advice.

Cheers

Figured you had probably already read everything and knew what to do , but its always worth mentioning information twice just in case it hasnt been heard .

If you have read all those threads then Buzz and Bailey are 2 very well set-up, happy and spoiled snakes !!

xxx
boogles Posted - 07/10/2010 : 21:14:32
Had him just over 2 weeks....

I left him for 4 days as he was handled LOADS before and when iw as changing the water he came up and started climbing my hand. so ive been taking him out whenever since then.

I read ll those threads/links etc before buying bailey. so i was well set up for buzz.

Thanks for the welcomes and advice.

Cheers
Kellog Posted - 07/10/2010 : 10:22:21
Hi Boogles, it is really good that you have joined us! Love the story of how you landed up with Buzz....and he is such a gorgeous snake. This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship .

I am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is Care Sheet helpful. Also have a look at Your 1st snake. As Buzz is a hatchling then Setting Up A Hatchling Corn Snake - My 101 is definitely required reading !

I would hope that with all the research you have done you will have already discovered the need for a one-week settling in period. Am not sure how long you have had Buzz, so apologies if you have already done this , but we always suggest you follow this one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....no handling or feeding for the first week to allow Buxx to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about Buzz not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. If you havent done this, then it may be a good idea to do so....but it is only a suggestion .

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . Like the fact that so many shops will sell a snake with a starter set up, but not let you know that you need a thermostat to control the heatmat and a digital thermometer to monitor the heat - 2 vital pieces of equipment. I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this with Buzz, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Am very impressed that you complied with the unwritten forum rule of pics as soon as possible in your 1st post....and not just pics of Buzz but also of Bailey (its lethal looking at all the different morphs and your girlfriend has expensive taste !). Buzz is gorgeous, I do love his colouring and patterns....but then I am slightly biased !

I usually give newbie a warning - that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" But I think you are a lost cause already !!

xxx
mowdid Posted - 05/10/2010 : 22:05:54
Hi there, Welcome to the forum
Tiffany-x Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:35:41
They are both lovely snakes. Snakes are such beautiful creatures and amazing pets, its actually crazy I think that although they have no fur they still seem to be cuddly in their own weird little way! :P Congrats on the new forum and welcome. These peopple are possibly some of the most amazing people ever, they are all so fun and helpful, I hope you get what you want from the site, Im in no doubt about that. :)
Tiffany-x
boogles Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:25:42
nah not a necessity. just i bought a hide with some growing room> so to make sure he felt safe i stuffed it with shredded newspaper. just so he feels more secure and keeps some more heat in the hot spot....
J6pkp Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:14:40
Hi and welcome. Lovely snakes!! Similar set up to ours!
One question, have you stuffed the cave with something? Is that necessary?? As I haven't and wondered if I need to!
rachiepotatoe Posted - 05/10/2010 : 17:18:23
beauuutiful snakeys! :)
welcomeeee
Mort13 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 17:12:16
Hi and welcome. Lovely little snakeys they are
FiestaSTLou Posted - 05/10/2010 : 15:01:18
PMSL!!!

lovly snakeys and welcome!
sullysteve Posted - 05/10/2010 : 14:39:17
Hi and welcome.....however, i am a whore of other types of pics ;-)
Figs Posted - 05/10/2010 : 14:14:51
You are right - most of us are pic whores

Hello and welcome!
You wont be able to just have your one corn very long... they are super addictive.
Congrats on Buzz though!
Him and Bailey are so pretty
gingerpony Posted - 05/10/2010 : 10:24:46
LOL
heya and welcome
herriotfan Posted - 05/10/2010 : 09:27:46
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Lovely snakes!!
boogles Posted - 04/10/2010 : 23:29:46
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

"pic whores"..!
That made me laugh for a while!

The kitesurfing forums and the VW forum are filled with people who want PICTURES OF EVERYTHING...

so i figured snake peeps were no different

PIC WHORES!
mozacchio Posted - 04/10/2010 : 23:26:35
"pic whores"..!
That made me laugh for a while!
Lovely snakes!
Welcome to the forum..!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 23:22:54
welcome to the forum!
Both are stunning snakes :]
boogles Posted - 04/10/2010 : 23:20:31
also because i know you forum dwellers are pic whores....

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000