The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Deano712 Posted - 24/09/2010 : 23:43:11
Well i've been posting around a few places here as ive just got my own corn snake so i thought it would be nice to say hi!!!

*moved to Intros*
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Deano712 Posted - 27/09/2010 : 17:30:45
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Welcome to the world of corn keeping ....a perpetual state of worry ! You dont know how many others have been fooled by the same thing, even to the point of searching the room etc....and there the snake is, happily hiding from you watching your every move !

xxx

Haha ill remember that one now !! hes always hiding, watching me from somewhere

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

heya and welcome

Hello gingerpony and thanks

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Hi, at last we can welcome you properly lol. Welcome to the forum.

Indeed you can thank you kdlang
kdlang Posted - 27/09/2010 : 14:19:24
Hi, at last we can welcome you properly lol. Welcome to the forum.
gingerpony Posted - 27/09/2010 : 08:18:43
heya and welcome
Kellog Posted - 27/09/2010 : 01:40:36
quote:
Originally posted by Deano712

........thought he dissapeared :O lol

Welcome to the world of corn keeping ....a perpetual state of worry ! You dont know how many others have been fooled by the same thing, even to the point of searching the room etc....and there the snake is, happily hiding from you watching your every move !

xxx
Deano712 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 10:19:10
indeed i am kellog, i woke up to him this morning hiding under the aspen when his head popping out the side!! thought he dissapeared :O lol
Kellog Posted - 26/09/2010 : 03:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by Deano712

........ive got everything sorted now though a heat mat with a stat and ive just replaced my sand today with some aspen shavings so hopefully all is well now :D

That is fantastic news Dean, I am so pleased to hear it. So you are one happy owner with an even happier snake !

xxx
Deano712 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 17:08:03
thanks mikey
mikeyd_26 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 17:03:47
welcome to the forum :]
Deano712 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 16:06:51
Thanks HannahB :)
and i have to agree, i wanted one for awhile and when i seen that one it was like love at first sight haha
HannahB Posted - 25/09/2010 : 16:00:57
hey and welcome
your new snake is lovely!
Deano712 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 15:59:51
Hello Kehhlyr and thanks :)

Hey to you to Kellog, and thanks for all the info and useful threads for me to look at, ive got everything sorted now though a heat mat with a stat and ive just replaced my sand today with some aspen shavings so hopefully all is well now :D
Kellog Posted - 25/09/2010 : 02:00:12
Hey Dean, it is really good that you have joined us! From your posts you will have found what a great forum this is, with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

I am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133. If it is a hatchling you have then this thread http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878 is required reading .

I am not sure how long you have had your snake, but we always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so it can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about your corn not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you , and it looks like you have already experienced that being allowed to buy sand as a substrate for your snake and not being given any sensible advice about heating . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Well done for complying with the unwritten forum rule without even knowing about it - pics as soon as possible! I have no idea what morph your snake is, but it is stunning !

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/09/2010 : 00:35:32
Hello and welcome.
Deano712 Posted - 24/09/2010 : 23:55:27
i agree meggy, ive not long got it and i love it already!! ive put some pictures up of it on the pictures section :) x

and thank you GMac!!
gmac Posted - 24/09/2010 : 23:46:56
hi back, welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 24/09/2010 : 23:44:27
heyloooo! corn snakes are totally awesome though tbhh! xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000