The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Newbie corn snake owner in Tyne and Wear

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/09/2010 : 15:21:50
Hi Everyone,
This is a fantastic site and we're finding out loads of interesting stuff all the time. Its really helpful. There's some beautiful pics. We've just bought a 9 week old (she's now 11 weeks) female caramel corn called Delilah. My wife is a bit scared so we went to several places together to discuss care, see and handle them and it was her that encouraged me to get her because she was corn with the best temperament when we handled her and she then named her. She's still a bit scared as in she won;t put her hand in to get her out but holds her while I clean her out and changes her water and defrosts her pinkies. She said she would have prob have been scared of dogs if she hadn't been brought up with them and now we own a rottie.

Our 2 year old holds her hands out to let Delilah move across them, she watches feeding (she thinks its funny the mouse goes in her belly!). We both think this means she'll not develop a fear when older - with both our obsession with animals she'll prob turn into a little Dr Doolittle

Therefore if there's anyone out there trying to persuade their other family members - get them involved in finding, choosing, naming etc, let them be part of it and they'll probably get to love them!

Delilah is a really calm and confident corn - never so far attempted to strike, just a bit fearful initially but was handled by the breeder every day (obviously except shedding/after eating etc) and so she seems really tolerant. We also think she's quite beautiful. Her dad was an amber so hopefully her colour contrast will remain quite bright although she'll prob darken as she gets older.

I'll try and put a pic on.

Andy

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 20/09/2010 : 12:58:21
hey and welcome
delilah is lovely
hiper2009 Posted - 20/09/2010 : 11:41:51
Hello and welcome to the forum .
bigal Posted - 16/09/2010 : 08:41:02
Hi Geordie welcome from a Boro lad. Nice snake by the way
mowdid Posted - 15/09/2010 : 22:52:00
Hi AndyO lovely looking snake you got there welcome from a fellow newcomer (and northerner)
You'll learn everything you need to know right here ..... these guys are Ace
n/a Posted - 15/09/2010 : 22:29:36
Your snake is beautiful. I cannot wait to see how you "pimp" her vivarium out.
gingerpony Posted - 15/09/2010 : 22:00:23
heya and welcome

i'm all for getting the kids involved, my nearly 4 year old daughter has her own corn snake and my 3 month old son has his own boa!
herriotfan Posted - 15/09/2010 : 18:57:49
Hi
welcome to the forum. Your wife will soon begin to appreciate the wonderful hand massages a snake gives....
n/a Posted - 15/09/2010 : 18:06:20

Here's Delilah at 9 weeks old. Her viv is getting 'pimped' very soon.
gmac Posted - 15/09/2010 : 16:29:04
hi and welcome
drchino Posted - 15/09/2010 : 16:28:23
Welcome! Looking forward to the pics too!
rachiepotatoe Posted - 15/09/2010 : 16:11:07
Welcome!
Delilah sounds delightful :)
n/a Posted - 15/09/2010 : 15:59:10
Welcome fellow new person!

mikeyd_26 Posted - 15/09/2010 : 15:37:23
welcome to the forum
looking forward to the pics :]

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000