The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello...........

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/09/2010 : 17:17:03
Hello all. This seems to be a very interesting forum, friendly and informative. My partner and I are very experienced pet owners (I ran a rescue for many years) Our current family includes many birds, two rats and three tanks of guppies BUT we have neither of us owned reptiles. We have just unexpectedly acquired a female ghost corn which was unwanted so will be looking to the forum and website for help and advice. We have named our new arrival Florence and she is unbelievably sweet. I will take a photo of the home that she arrived with and post it here for comments as it has an unguarded lamp which I am unhappy about and I'm also not sure about other aspects of it. Bye for now.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 20/09/2010 : 11:35:50
Hello and welcome to the forum .
drchino Posted - 18/09/2010 : 01:48:47
No problem, glad I could help
Ammerz Posted - 17/09/2010 : 19:35:42
Hi!! I'm new to the forum too, but everyone here has been helpful so far!!
n/a Posted - 17/09/2010 : 19:29:53
thanks, the water is now at the other corner
drchino Posted - 17/09/2010 : 12:34:04
Have you got a thermometer on the hot end too? It needs to be under 30 degrees up that end. It might also be an idea to move the water bowl to the cold end as too much humidity can cause respiratory infections for corn snakes.

haha I bet those finches are nervous!
n/a Posted - 17/09/2010 : 10:18:41
The bad news is that there are zebra finches living in the same flat as Florence so we need to keep an eye on her nevertheless!
I'm interested to know peoples views on the viv setup that we have now, and how it could be improved in the short term as well as recommendations for a better viv for the future
n/a Posted - 17/09/2010 : 00:39:35
My snake is confined to my room. :/ Little brothers and stupid Mother's boyfriends messing with my setup and snake!
drchino Posted - 16/09/2010 : 23:55:45
Thats good you have essentially two separate buildings for them! The front room has become off limits for my snake! Although thats probably been the case since she poo'd on the sofa!

As soon as the rats are a bit more comfortable my girlfriend will prob be taking them into our bedroom too so poor Izzy will only be allowed out in my computer room. She used to love hiding in our bed!
n/a Posted - 16/09/2010 : 23:50:19
I think she is around 3', we did think a bigger viv might be better for her size. We've had a lot of rats over the last few years, the current two are Nobby, brown/white, my darling baby who spends most of his time under the throw on the settee so we have to feel for the lump before sitting down, and Spud a grey/white dumbo who unfortunately is a bitey psycho-rat; he really does attack with no provocation I've never known one like him. Ken says at least we ended up with him not someone who would throw him out or worse.
Just to explain that Ken and I live in next-door flats so the rats are in one and Florence in the other for added safety!
drchino Posted - 16/09/2010 : 23:36:10
ah thats ok then. She must be a sensible snake cos I'm sure my snake would wrap herself round that bulb at the first chance she gets!

How long is she now? That viv might be a tad too small, I may be wrong though.

Congratulations though! What sort of rats do you have? My girlfriend just adopted some that a pet shop couldn't sell. They seem to have taken more of a liking to me so far!
n/a Posted - 16/09/2010 : 23:26:12
We've been looking for a guard locally and will be able to get one tomorrow. I have been very unhappy with it since we got her but she has lived like this for at least one year with her previous owner. (we'll eventually get another viv)
Thanks for comments on Florence, I didn't think a snake could be so cute!
drchino Posted - 16/09/2010 : 22:20:42
I'd advise a guard around the bulb, especially if its the source of heat.

Beautiful snake btw.
n/a Posted - 16/09/2010 : 21:55:38
and the viv that she came with...
gmac Posted - 16/09/2010 : 21:53:38
nice wee ghost
n/a Posted - 16/09/2010 : 21:50:31
Well here she is! (sorry you got me as well) She was sitting so quietly on my lap that Ken was able to take a photo. When he had her she was moving so fast I couldn't get a pic!
We were told that she was a ghost but really have no idea so please feel free to correct me on that.
She is just so lovely!
(If pic is a bit big please let me know how the heck to do a better job)

kdlang Posted - 11/09/2010 : 14:49:00
Hiya and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you have found us. Anything you need to know just search or ask if your not sure. We will look forward to updates and pics when you can manage it. Maybe if you can't post pics yet then maybe a good description will help until you can.

How lucky are you to get chance to rescue. As much as I wouldn't like to think of any animal suffering, if I was given the option of rescuing then no-one could moan about me getting a new addition lol
n/a Posted - 11/09/2010 : 13:50:19
Quick update- been away for a few days (my son was taking care of everyone). Florence has been out for the first time today, she was great, very lively. I am having trouble with getting photos on to new PC at the moment (hardware problems) but will post when sorted. Looking online for a guard for the lamp. Co-incidentally we went to Wales and visited Borth Animalarium where we were invited to handle two corn snakes!
Lewy Posted - 07/09/2010 : 11:14:44
Howdy! Welcome to the forum!
gingerpony Posted - 07/09/2010 : 09:27:54
heya and welcome
mikeyd_26 Posted - 07/09/2010 : 01:47:54
hi welcome to the forum
look forward to the pics!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000