The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hello from wales

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
loki1980 Posted - 28/08/2010 : 12:09:52
hello, im new here and new to keeping cornsnakes. i bought my new addition yesterday, a red christmas corn called yogi. hes still very young, and i got nipped quite a few times. i popped my head in this morning and he is till trying to strike at me. how would you guys go about taming him?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KITTYCAT Posted - 02/09/2010 : 07:45:32
hi welcome to the forum
loki1980 Posted - 30/08/2010 : 09:59:44
hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome, hes a chrismas morph beutiful red colour, a real handsome chap. well he tamed himself he was out having a good look roung his vivarium and came to the glass and just lay there watching me, watching him. so i thought fine ill open the glass and see his reaction, he jumped a bit and went into immediate strike pose so i left my hand there and he relaxes and comes for a sniff, i did this every hour for the day, and yesterday he actually let me pick him up, he seems very relaxed for ayounger snake but i think hes getting there. my next problem is that hes acting hungry but when i got him on the 27th i gave him a fuzzy.
kazzyrf Posted - 28/08/2010 : 23:12:47
Welcome, i got my first corn 5 months ago. Did a lot of research before and got the best advice from the guys on here! You have def joined the best forum, everyone really friendly and helpfull : )
HannahB Posted - 28/08/2010 : 17:25:06
hey and welcome
what morph is he?
princessbroxy Posted - 28/08/2010 : 17:21:51
Hi and welcome to the forum.
herriotfan Posted - 28/08/2010 : 13:10:40
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Give him a week to settle in, just change his water and check his substrate for little messes.
This will help him get used to your smell. Another little trick to help would be to get an old bit of clothing, sock or glove would do, and tuck it in your top for the day. Then pop it in his favourite hide. It will increase the amount of your smell in his home and help him get used to you.
Once the week is up the best way to tame him is to just keep getting him out for short handling periods. Don't put him back while he is striking and tagging (biting)but wait until he has calmed down first. You don't want him to think he can tag you to get back to his home!
Good luck. Ask if you need more help!
lee2308 Posted - 28/08/2010 : 12:43:40
hi and welcome to the forum
crazy JJ Posted - 28/08/2010 : 12:24:58
heya n welcome here :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/08/2010 : 12:18:02
Hey, welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 28/08/2010 : 12:14:00
heya and welcome

first thing i'd do is leave him alone for a week to settle in an de-stress..........oh and read this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000