The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/08/2010 : 19:03:00
I bought my 2 daughters a corn snake each for doing well at school.We are told they are 2 girls Apache and Cleo after only haveing them for a just over a week Apache dissapeared we searched the house from top to bottom(they were kept in there bedroom)all draws cupboards and pockets but no luck. We were very upset and had given up hope when a neighbour knocked on our door 13 days later to ask if we had lost a snake. Wow there she was mcuh bigger and fatter but healthy, she was outside in his garden but was fine. However she has been eating wild and this concerns me a little. Any advise would be welcome like when I should next feed her etc. What an adventure
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KITTYCAT Posted - 27/08/2010 : 15:22:16
Hi welcome to the forum
hiper2009 Posted - 27/08/2010 : 11:25:33
Hello and welcome
gingerpony Posted - 27/08/2010 : 09:13:14
heya and welcome
definitely leave her a week to settle in again (having made sure the enclosure is escape-proof lol)
if she looks ok i'd just keep an eye on her, a faecal sample to test for internal parasites would be worthwhile if she doesn't feed well or grow much or has diarrhea
crazy JJ Posted - 27/08/2010 : 02:49:30
heya n welcome here :D
Figs Posted - 26/08/2010 : 22:42:06
Hello and welcome
DannyBrown91 Posted - 26/08/2010 : 22:17:37
Hey, welcome to the forum
Chez Posted - 26/08/2010 : 21:05:11
hey and welcome
kdlang Posted - 26/08/2010 : 21:04:59
Hi and welcome to the world of snake keeping. So glad your snake turned up safe and well. I would definitely leave her for a week or two to settle back in, maybe away from your other one so if she has picked up any nasties there is less risk of cross contamination. Maybe a fecal sample to make sure she hasn't picked up any bugs although she certainly sounds healthy enough. One of the more experienced members will be along soon and will say if they think that is necessary.
herriotfan Posted - 26/08/2010 : 19:38:04
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Phew, thank goodness she was returned to you!
I would leave her for a week to settle down after her little adventure before feeding her again. She will be fine left that long. Most of us tend to feed weekly or every 5 to 10 days.
Have a look on the caresheet, via the homepage, for loads of info.
Hope your daughters are enjoying their snakes.......super pets!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000