The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello everyone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 11/08/2010 : 22:37:30
Hi all

Been using this awesome website for a while now and it has been an amazing resource. Thought it was time i introduced myself.

I'm Stu and am from the midlands. I bought my first snake in november 09, an amel corn. He hatched in july 09 and has been fantastic since i've had him/her. He eats well everytime, sheds well, is really tame etc etc.

I've always wanted a snake since i was a kid and after doing my research decided a corn would be the best first snake. Trouble is they are really addictive, already want another, this time from a hatchling. Plus i also want a royal python.

I'm just in the process of building a viv for him so when i've finished (mid next week) i'll get some pics up, its looking really good so far. i've got loads of questions to ask, making hides etc but i'll save them for later.

There we go then, hello all......
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/08/2010 : 15:02:30
Thanks for the fantastic and thorough reply kellog. I have already learnt about the so called reptile experts, fortunately my local one seems very good (Brittania Reptiles, Cannock - Free Plug) and i'm also very close to Hollybush Garden centre which seems excellent, havent had no dealings with the staff yet, but the premises are top notch.

I have kept a snake diary since i bought him/her, logging weights, lengths, feeding, poo's and sheds...not put in cleaning (except when i introduced aspen) so i shall get that rectified....find it very useful to look back on, and also if i need to take him to the vets they can see everything.

SHortly after getting billi i decided that i wanted something a little chunkier, same length just something a little larger, but now i'm seriously considering saving that till later and getting another corn, different morph, and maybe have a go at breeding them, that must be so rewarding....so i will be asking lots of questions about that shortly.

Heres a ? for you, can they only be popped up to a certain age, and then they need probing?

Thanks

Stu & Billi
Kellog Posted - 14/08/2010 : 02:26:01
Hey Stu, it is really good that you have finally decided to join us officially, after lurking in the shadows for a while ! You will have found what a great forum this is, and the bonus of being a member is the fun and friendship .

I am sure you have already found that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I dont know if you have experienced this yet, but unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! You will have already discovered the first place to look for - the trusty search button . I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this with Billi, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Billi is gorgeous and you have got some great pics....you also complied with the unwritten forum rule without even knowing about it - pics as soon as possible !

Sounds as though you dont need warning that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" Also many have started down that corn path and then diverted off it with pythons and boas (dont get them started on which is better ).

quote:
Originally posted by Whitedog

ah right, didnt realise, lots of research needed i think.

Perfect comment and the sort we love to see ....you should know from getting your corn how much there is to learn with them and another type of snake is a whole different thing. Will wait to see what comes next - another corn, a python or maybe even a boa....

xxx
n/a Posted - 13/08/2010 : 23:58:00
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

Don't fancy a boa as don't they get huge ??? Cheers for the warm welcome everyone.

Just noticed, 9 cats PB.....how do you cope ha ha.

Some do but there are different sub species and localities, of which some are relatively small growing to around 4 or 5 foot.

ah right, didnt realise, lots of research needed i think.
princessbroxy Posted - 13/08/2010 : 08:26:17

[/quote]

Lol easy there all good there not cheeky and don't come home telling you there up the duff or bring the police to the door
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/08/2010 : 00:43:28
quote:

Don't fancy a boa as don't they get huge ??? Cheers for the warm welcome everyone.

Some do but there are different sub species and localities, of which some are relatively small growing to around 4 or 5 foot.
n/a Posted - 13/08/2010 : 00:11:52

princessbroxy Posted - 12/08/2010 : 20:27:20
welcome to the forum...royals are amazing i have 2 and also 3 corns
kim Posted - 12/08/2010 : 16:43:41
Welcome to another "Snake mite". Billi looks great.
n/a Posted - 12/08/2010 : 15:00:15
welcome aboard
Billi is a lovely little corn!
gmac Posted - 12/08/2010 : 09:12:19
Hey and welcome.
gingerpony Posted - 12/08/2010 : 08:08:25
heya and welcome

don't get suckered into Royals.........

.....boas rock!
Figs Posted - 12/08/2010 : 00:19:20
Hello and welcome
A very pretty snake you have there!
nikki-il-lilly Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:54:10
hey :) bill is a very buetyful snake :)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:33:00
hi n welcome - very nice snake by the way amels rock!!
crazy JJ Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:30:12
heya n welcome :)

nice snakie u have there :)
n/a Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:26:10
Hi and thanks. I'll get some better ones up soon, having trouble with my camera at the minute, plus i'm engrossed with making my viv so i'm always tinkering with it. Got some stuff coming off ebay and its like waiting for xmas..ha ha Got some glass doors on order too, which will be ready monday/tuesday so then it'll be finished.....:D
HannahB Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:15:10
hey and welcome to you and billi
look forwards to seeing more pics
Chez Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:14:01
hey and welcome, beautiful snake!
n/a Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:04:13
Thanks.

Forgot to say its name is Billi (unisex you see)

DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 22:39:31
Hey, welcome to the forum

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000