The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hatchlings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/07/2010 : 21:24:41
hi all a view weeks ago i lost a very good freind when he died he left over 80 snakes wich his wife rehomed .she rang me to say she had found a box containing some long eggs .it was a incubator she said she would turn it of as did not want any more .but as a freind i said i would take them and let them go as he would of wanted any way they hatched today and are still hatching they are corns of very nice colours so im here for advice .ive put each one in a small plastic box with water and a hide and are kept around 75 80 f .i beleave they will feed after the first shed .any more info will be gladly taken in cheers lee
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/07/2010 : 19:51:19
put pic up as a practice in photos will put all the rest up later now i can do it cheers all for the support
n/a Posted - 20/07/2010 : 18:31:09
trying now pics
Sizzlesmum Posted - 20/07/2010 : 18:25:38
Hi Lee welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear about your friend.

Look forward to seeing pics of the hatchlings, they sound lovely.
HannahB Posted - 20/07/2010 : 09:26:10
hey and welcome to the forum - so sorry its in such circumstances,
i really do think you should keep one of the hatchies though - snakes are super easy to keep
maybe get some pics and we can help identify them for you
Kellog Posted - 20/07/2010 : 04:29:25
Hi Lee, I think it is amazing what you are doing and I am just so sorry for your loss. You are carrying on what he set out to do, finishing it for him....and it is what he would have wanted. I am so glad that you have reached out for help and you have certainly come to the right place.

These are a few facts I was given about hatchlings from another forum member who has just bred for the first time (thank you unnamed forum member ) -

Hatchlings

Plastic tubs like you get from some Chinese takeaways are a good size for hatchlings - just make sure they're clean first and put air holes in for ventilation. They usually shed within about a week and then offer them their first feed, probably the smallest pinky you can find. You might have to leave it in the tub with the hatchling for them to work out for themselves that it's actually food. Best substrate is kitchen roll/towel - easy to put in, easy to replace if it's soiled, it's cheap, it's readily available and it's safe to feed from.

Hope that is some help....(sorry it is not more but I know nothing of hatchlings personally), but the best thing to do is have a look through the information available on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered! The first place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask! Just post a question in the Breeding section and those who do have experience will be quick to help you through this.

I thing I did think of is keeping records of each hatchling....when they hatched, when they shed, eat etc. If just means that when you come to sell them you can give the new owners a comprehensive history on them.

Pics have already been demanded, sorry but we love seeing pics of other corns....especially hatchlings. If you want to post pics this link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

Who knows, after raising these babies from the egg to the point of when you can sell them you may be tempted to keep one for yourself....

Once again, I am so sorry for your loss and think what you are doing is really honourable to your friend's memory.

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 20/07/2010 : 01:41:29
ooo not to far from me ish then :D

n'awww cant wait to see the piccies :D

o n welcome to the forum to ;)
kdlang Posted - 19/07/2010 : 22:52:48
Hi, Welcome to the forum altho I am sorry it is under such sad circumstances. You have come to the right place for advice. Look forward to seeing some pics of the babies.
sullysteve Posted - 19/07/2010 : 18:36:17
cool, How much will you sell them for? Pics would be great. i am happy to travel for the right one.
n/a Posted - 19/07/2010 : 17:12:41
some of these hatched today have a purple haze colour with pink look great
n/a Posted - 19/07/2010 : 17:05:40
yes going to sell them as i keep birds my self so not realy time for other things thou theres some realy nice colours .im in grimsby n e lincs
sullysteve Posted - 18/07/2010 : 22:11:58
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your friend. You have done the right thing by him.
Where bouts are you and are you going to be selling the hatchlings?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000