The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi, I'm new here!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
filardimarg2 Posted - 16/07/2010 : 19:39:53
Hello, im new to this forum but i am on the royal forum, so i see a few familier names.
I have just bought a snow corn snake, he is about 18 months old. I got him on Tuesday morning, he seems quite active, out & about most nights.
Marg.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 21/07/2010 : 09:19:26
hiya and welcome!
Sizzlesmum Posted - 20/07/2010 : 18:33:54
Love the name
filardimarg2 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 19:05:22
Hi & thanks so much for all the posts.
I have now decided on his name, he is going to be called Bianco, he's a snow, hence white....so Bianco!!
Marg.
Sta~ple Posted - 18/07/2010 : 16:11:47
Sup? Welcome here
reptiledanny Posted - 18/07/2010 : 10:41:05
hey marg
don't worry, youl get used to kellogs long posts
Kellog Posted - 18/07/2010 : 02:19:20
quote:
Originally posted by filardimarg2

Hi & thanks very much for all the welcomes.
I'm not new to the world of the corn snake......

I will put some pics on in a few days when he has settled a bit, still thinking of a name for him....any sugestions??

Marg.

Obviously not being new to the world of corn snakes I apologies for my lengthy welcome as it was obviously telling you stuff you already knew ....I think it is great that you are returning to your 'first snake' again !

I do hope that when you get round to putting up pics of your snow you will also put up some of your royals and the cali king (a snake I would love to have despite having been convinced I was only ever going to be a corn-girl at heart !).

As for names you can checkout this thread, it will give you a few suggestions - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673

xxx
filardimarg2 Posted - 17/07/2010 : 11:07:56
Hi & thanks very much for all the welcomes.
I'm not new to the world of the corn snake, i started off with them about 3 years ago, great snake as a starter, but even nicer now i'm a bit more experienced.
I now have 5 snakes, 3 royal pythons, a cali king & now my snow corn, i do love them all, great pets to have.
I will put some pics on in a few days when he has settled a bit, still thinking of a name for him....any sugestions??

Marg.
hillzi Posted - 17/07/2010 : 10:42:35
Hey welcome to the best snake forum..
mozacchio Posted - 17/07/2010 : 00:49:23
Hello and welcome..!
crazy JJ Posted - 16/07/2010 : 23:19:32
heya n welcome to the forum :D
HannahB Posted - 16/07/2010 : 21:34:09
hey and welcome over here
lee2308 Posted - 16/07/2010 : 21:01:04
hi and welcome to the forum
Sizzlesmum Posted - 16/07/2010 : 20:42:56
Hi Marg and welcome
Kellog Posted - 16/07/2010 : 20:06:36
Hi Marg, it is really good that you have joined us! Already being on theRoyal you will know what great forums these are, with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship as a bonus . Obviously you have a royal/royals, but I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping (and knowing nothing about royals I dont know how similar their keeping is to corns ), so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

I am assuming it is the same with Royals, but we always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so it can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you.

I dont know if you have experience this, but unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! The most invaluable tool is the same as on theRoyal - the search button!!

I am not sure if you do this with your Royal/s or have thought of doing this with your corn, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You may have thought Royals were the top snake but now you will learn differently !!

xxx
gmac Posted - 16/07/2010 : 19:58:22
hi and welcome
herriotfan Posted - 16/07/2010 : 19:56:39
Hi
Welcome over here.
Hope you like it here as much as the royal!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000