The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/07/2010 : 10:19:00
Just thought I'd say hello, I'm here on behalf of my 12 year son who has just got a year old male corn snake called Flame. My older son has a white corny so we are not too new to corn snakes, but I think it might be good to be able to talk to other corny owners
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/07/2010 : 14:52:51
hello Sallyann welcome. your right about a friendly lot here. i only been here just over a month and the others here are friendly and helpful. Hope you can get some pics up soon. What a cool name flame is too. your sons got style.
hillzi Posted - 17/07/2010 : 10:43:46
Hello there.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 16/07/2010 : 20:47:16
Hi and welcome

Look forward to seeing some pics
Kellog Posted - 16/07/2010 : 12:30:13
Hi Sally, it is really good that you have joined us and I am so glad that your 12yr old getting Flame has encouraged you in our direction ! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

As you arent new to corn snakes I am sure that you have found that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I dont know if you have discovered this, but unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if your older son does this with his corn or if you have thought about doing it with Flame, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

It is so nice being somewhere that you can talk corn to!! Personally none of my friends or family understand my fascination so I rely on the forum for my dose of corn chat! Welcome to the club !!

xxx

hiper2009 Posted - 16/07/2010 : 11:07:26
Hello and welcome to the forum..!
Figs Posted - 16/07/2010 : 10:46:58
Hello and welcome!
To you, your sons and your snakes
lee2308 Posted - 15/07/2010 : 23:00:33
hi and welcome
Sta~ple Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:58:02
Hello and welcome here :)
gmac Posted - 15/07/2010 : 19:12:59
hi and welcome
LittleMick Posted - 15/07/2010 : 17:49:28
Welcome, love to see some pics
crazy JJ Posted - 15/07/2010 : 12:17:56
heya n welcome to the forum :D
HannahB Posted - 15/07/2010 : 12:15:45
hey and welcome to you and your sons
herriotfan Posted - 15/07/2010 : 11:38:47
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Yes it is nice to be able to chat with other corn owners.
We're a friendly lot on here.
Photos would be good of your snakes!!
luke1989 Posted - 15/07/2010 : 10:54:02
hi and welcome here, what morphs are they both?
mozacchio Posted - 15/07/2010 : 10:31:20
Hello and welcome to the forum..!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000