The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I saw my little grand shoelaces today!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:06:21
I'm sorry about the little story! I just feel a bit relieved now! I went into my petshop today ^^ and the first thing I got asked if I was selling Rattles :/ they somehow seemed convinced that it's a pewter or ghost even then there is no way o.O; after that they tell me that when they had got back from my house, they fed the non feeder and he ate straight away and that they are all feeding very well.

They have all really grown massive now and one of the "anery" has somehow transformed into a normal which was very strange to see as last time I saw him he was completely black and grey, no red and then I saw him and he was bright red and orange!

I somehow wish I never sold them though... seeing them again made me miss them ._. it was very nice to seen the new owners have taken on the shop that they actually sell reptiles hides now and plants un-like the previous owners. Although they do seem to seem to co-habit hatchlings but I guess one step a a time.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 02/06/2010 : 01:08:26
n'awww i understand how u feel with the hatchlings but u couldnt keep all of them just like i couldnt keep all mine like anyone that breeds cant keep them all but at least they are getting looked after and hopefully will find loving homes soon... if i sold my lil babys to the pet shop near me... well god knows what will happen to them... so i will erm sell them straight to (hopefully) loving experienced owners
if all my eggies hatch i have to sell them all :( which is guna be hard but i know i have to... need to save up 4 a girlfriend for scooby :D

not suprised there after rattles still thou he is a stunning snakie :D
mozacchio Posted - 01/06/2010 : 18:52:03
I understand how you feel..
Just think they are in good hand!
Sta~ple Posted - 01/06/2010 : 18:41:29
I know but they've seen Char and I've told them that Rattles will probably end up looking like Char when it's older and then they say it might not like Char is ugly or something!

I'm not sure to be honest :/ I know that when I saw the 3 of them in the same faun I was a bit annoyed but I guess most petshops don;t really have any choice with so many animals in but then after they said they dropped the pinkies in and it was like a free for all and that two of them were eating the same mouse at one point but they had the scissors so cut it in half I got a bit concerned. But luckily the guy that got one of my little ones told them that they should feed them in separate RUB's which was quite a relief or I think I might have had a go at them but at least even though they are cohabiting, they always watch them when feeding and are ready for any problems I guess and there's always one of the people hanging around the reptiles so I don't feel so bad about it now. I still feel very guilty :/

They were all the best to me T.T but I think 8 snakes is a bit much for me right now with the final year of uni coming up :/ and plus I'm struggling trying to handle 4 snakes everyday/every few days so it wouldn't have been fair on them...I hope they get sold soon and go to a loving home or I think I' going to end up trying to get them back again >.<

I still can't believe how one that looked defiantly like an anery suddenly changed into a normal...I guess that's why some breeders wait until their second shed to sell them :/
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:22:09
Why am I not surprised they are still trying to get Rattles off you?!! He is so gorgeous !

I am so glad they are all feeding ok and that you are happy that the owners of the shop are caring for them well. Do you know whether they give out the correct advice to anyone who buys them? May be worthwhile printing out the caresheet from here and suggesting they hand it out....bit of free advertising !!

I can totally understand your mixed feelings though, happy that they are doing well but sad as you wish you could have kept them....but you are realistic Sta~ple and you know you have done the right thing....and you definitely kept the best for yourself !!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000