The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I should be happy But im not!!!1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:39:00
Need to rant sorry! Well as some of you may know we are moving on Thursday, Moneys all paid just a case of picking up the keys.
Well Steves brother was going to help us move the heavy stuff, But last night he was in a car crash (he is fine but a bit sore) So we dont want him helping now, Steves Dad has ME so cant help, My dad is at work so is my brother ( who cant lift heavy stuff as he had a broken back a few years back) We do have another friend who is helping,But he cant lift the heavy stuff (fridge/washing machine) as he only has the full use of one arm.
Our mate Dave said he will help but has to be gone by 2 as he has somewhere to be. But he is as reliable as a chocolate fire guard, so Cant see him turning up!
I put a few status up on face book asking for help and I have quite a few male friends on there (and know some of them are not working) But so far not one offer of help!! I always thought they were friends! Obvously I was wrong! Even My mate Gemma (who has 6 kids and being half term) has found the time to spare a few hours with the use of her van!

Im just so peed off with all my "so called" friends And some family members!

Phew!!! Rant over! I feel better now!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 04/06/2010 : 22:52:07
Thanks for the thought Hannah! It wont take me long the place is empty! Just a quick sweep/mop and hoover, and a wipe round the skirting boards. Wont tkae us an hour.
HannahB Posted - 04/06/2010 : 22:38:45
glad the move went ok.. id offer to help clean but considering the state of our place at the moment my cleaning skills are required here!!
devilsmistress Posted - 04/06/2010 : 22:16:20
Haha it is !! I was in Chatham today to!!
Well Guys We are moved and nearly settled! Had Virgin media Installed today, But so far am less than impressed. They will be getting a call in the morning!!

So all thats to do is go back to the flat, give it a clean out, pick up the last little bits and take the keys back. Dont suppose anyone want to help clean?? LMAO!! (joke!)
Scarlett Posted - 04/06/2010 : 21:07:03
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

Im in Gillingham In kent.

Omg! I live in Chatham! Small world =]
Mouse Posted - 02/06/2010 : 23:22:04
Glad you've got help, if I had the day off I'd have driven over to help you, but I finish at 1pm in Southampton, so you'll prolly have finished by the time I'd get to you!!!
Kellog Posted - 02/06/2010 : 12:33:12
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

Woooo We have help!! Steves sister in laws boyfriend (dont ask its confusing) has said he will help!!! *relief* Now I can start getting excited!!!

So relieved you have got some help - you really dont need the stress which is why the forum is great....rant away and relieve the stress levels and lower your blood pressure!

Bet you cant wait to get in there and start 'nesting' properly.

I wont say it again but.....

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 02/06/2010 : 01:15:40
yey... now thats more like it... gald ya found someone... so good luck... but dont over do it thou :D
devilsmistress Posted - 01/06/2010 : 16:23:12
Woooo We have help!! Steves sister in laws boyfriend (dont ask its confusing) has said he will help!!! *relief* Now I can start getting excited!!!
HannahB Posted - 01/06/2010 : 16:03:07
if we were nearer id offer our services hun, hope you can get some one to help soon
devilsmistress Posted - 01/06/2010 : 15:38:21
Im in Gillingham In kent. Im not asking for help from people on here, I was just having a rant! Hell If it comes to it ill knock on the doors of all the other people in the flat see if I can get someone to help!!!
nova1990 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 15:07:03
hey whereabouts do you live
devilsmistress Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:46:18
Dont worry Kellog, Even if I was not pregnant I could not lift the washing machine or anything anyway! Im to much of a weekling lol. Im sure I will sort something out. Steves mum is going to ask her next door neighbour see if he can lend a hand for a few hours
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:28:19
Paula I am so sorry to hear all this and so glad that you can at least get some of that anger out of your system by venting it to us.

I wish we were closer....my OH is the sort of man who would take the day off work to help you, even though he doesnt know you - just because you are a friend of mine in need.

What the others have said is true, all too often there are people in life who expect you to bend over backwards helping and supporting them, but when you need something they go suspiciously quiet.

I am so sorry about Steve's brother and his crash, but at least it wasnt serious....and I hadnt realised Steve's dad has ME (small world). It is so bad for you that all those who wish they could help cant - either because of health injuries or because of distance.

BUT, Paula.....DO NOT be tempted to do anything you shouldnt be doing at the moment, no matter how frustrated you get! You have got to look after yourself, no matter the situation with the house and the move....and I hope Steve agrees with me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you....I just with I and my OH were too.

xxx
devilsmistress Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:04:18
Cant hire anyone, No money! Its all gone on the deposit! Im sure we will sort something out! At worst Steves dad will HAVE to help but if we can avoid it we will!
you lot are right everyone expects us to help them but when the tables are turned all the excuses come out! I dont mind if they genuinely cant help but not even a response to say sorry I cant! I have been completley ignored! So im gonna do a mass delete on my facebook later! See how they like being pooped on!
Sta~ple Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:51:41
I wish I could help you, I really do but I'm tiny and I have been struggling to lift 4ft viv's so I wouldn't be much use to you :(
I know this might seem mean but you might need to hire someone :/

Friends are stupid like that I'm afraid :/
herriotfan Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:46:42
Typical...
Thank goodness you can have a rant on here to get some of out of your system.
Good luck. Fingers crossed that some folk will turn out on Thursday.
crazy JJ Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:45:35
amazing though dont ya think.. you help your friends at any point but when you need it its always the case a 100 excuses come flying at you... but as Kehhlyr said they will want your help one day...

i hope ya find someone to help you :D i would if i could :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:38:57
If I was closer, I'd happily help.

Just remember who couldn't help you when you were moving, they'll ask for help as well one day.
mozacchio Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:01:49
I can imagine how you feel..
Friends show their true faces when you need them!
Hope you find someone..!
I wish i could help!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000