The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Can't believe I'm being kept awake by a snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 31/05/2010 : 22:47:44
Twilight seems to be having a mad five minutes at the mo (actually make that a mad couple of days). At night time and early in the morning he keeps pushing really hard at the bottom vent trying to get out and making loads of really loud banging noises. I can't quite work out what's making all the noise - I think he may be tensing his body against his viv furniture and the log or hide keeps banging the back wall. I've just moved it around. Saturday night he had me awake between 11.00 and 1.30 then again at 4.00 to 6.00, last night was better he just woke me up early this morning. Little goit!

I've been making sure he comes out for a good roam around - this morning he was all over the place and I had to put him back in to keep him in one place. Weird.

Just thought, maybe he's hungry? I gave him a two week break after his two regurges then he had a small mouse last Monday which he kept down. Maybe this is his subtle way of saying 'I want some more'!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2010 : 04:24:38
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
I am not so sure it is just the youth of today Samantha!!!!

Oh no, well and truly told off. I only get called by my full name if I've been REALLY naughty, and that honestly is almost never (mumbles 'sorry Judith' whilst poking a toe in the ground.

(did you get the email I sent about a month ago Sam?)

xxx

Sammysnake Posted - 03/06/2010 : 19:43:19
quote:
I am not so sure it is just the youth of today Samantha!!!!

Oh no, well and truly told off. I only get called by my full name if I've been REALLY naughty, and that honestly is almost never (mumbles 'sorry Judith' whilst poking a toe in the ground.
Kellog Posted - 03/06/2010 : 04:58:33
quote:

quote:
Should have known you would pick up on that Sam!!

quote:
dirty people

Well, I don't know what you people mean but I was just talking about being stern with your snakes and telling them to be quiet. Honestly, the way some peoples minds work (goes off with shocked face mumbling about the youth of today).

Of course that is what you meant *she says sarcastically* !! I am not so sure it is just the youth of today Samantha!!!!

xxx
Mouse Posted - 02/06/2010 : 23:13:31
I get the impression that most of us would end up there!
hillzi Posted - 02/06/2010 : 22:01:07
Aha eager little beaver!

We need a need an 18+ for all the filthy minded individuals..
elament Posted - 02/06/2010 : 19:38:31
lol
Sammysnake Posted - 02/06/2010 : 16:44:41
quote:

quote:
dirty people

Well, I don't know what you people mean but I was just talking about being stern with your snakes and telling them to be quiet. Honestly, the way some peoples minds work (goes off with shocked face mumbling about the youth of today).
reptiledanny Posted - 02/06/2010 : 12:43:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

quote:
I wouldnt get any sleep, day or night, at the moment with 2 horny males!

Remember Ju, no means no

xxx

dirty people

monty is in my room as not many poeple that come round like hime as he is a snake so i keep him in my room but luna is downstairs watching everyone run round and watching tv with us. she will eventually go upstairs when my room is done i will ahve more room
Kellog Posted - 02/06/2010 : 12:37:17
quote:

quote:

Remember Ju, no means no

xxx

Sta~ple Posted - 01/06/2010 : 20:59:24
quote:

quote:

Remember Ju, no means no

Hahahahha brilliant XD

Mine are in my room as they aren't allowed anywhere else in the house. It doesn't matter though since I piratically live in my room XD it's quite annoying though when they are being very noisesy and I have important stuff the next day :/ and then you turn the light on too look at what there doing and they stop and sort of look at you as if to say, "what's wrong? I'm not doing anything!"

I don't like the way Venom kinda perves on me when I'm getting dressed though :/
Sammysnake Posted - 01/06/2010 : 20:28:59
quote:

Remember Ju, no means no
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:45:21
I wouldnt get any sleep, day or night, at the moment with 2 horny males! Although Silvesta has calmed right down and is actually blue (still hasnt eaten though ). Kellog is all over the place and has worked out that he can wedge himself in the water bowl to push against the glass doors to try and escape. He has climbed his plant and fallen off so many times that it has bits coming off it....and to top it all his nose is sore from all the rubbing he does!

Definitely the lounge for my snakes!

xxx
Mouse Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:17:16
well to be fair when I'm at home, I spend most of my time in my room, so it means I get to chill out with them.

Although they have a dendancy to be a bit voyeuristic.......
Sammysnake Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:07:47
quote:
you can hear some rustling and then a dull thud..then a few mins more rustling and another thud.. he does it repeatedly til we get him out for a bit of a cuddle and then he settles down lol its like having a baby!

Oh no, don't say that. My daughter didn't sleep through the night until she was 3 - I've got visions now of watching The Magic Roundabout at 4 in the morning whilst gently rocking a snake.

quote:
how often is he being fed?

I'd just moved him to a medium mouse every 7 days but after the regurges I gave him a small so I guess I should go back to 6 days again. I'll feed him tonight and see if it makes a difference.

quote:
Hehehe it seems like a lot of people keep their snake's in their bedroom's :)

We put Twilight in the bedroom because that's where we spend all evening (it's where the good TV is!) That way he keeps us company whilst we're watching a film. Saracen is in the computer room and is more active in the morning and early evening which is when we just happen to be in there, so they get equal attention.
Sta~ple Posted - 01/06/2010 : 00:59:36
I know how you feel :/ I get that every night from at least one of them but I kinda have the ability now to ignore it mostly now unless they fall off from something then I hear a thud and it wakes me up XD... lately it's been Ember pushing against the side of his RUB and moving all the stuff in his viv in the process >:( normally it's Char trying to dig but she's been a good girl lately :)

I also wake up to find a 5ft orange thing staring at me from his viv :/

He could be hungry but snakes are active at night so it could just be that and he's all hyper because it's summer and it's more sunny now so he sleeps more and then needs to burn extra sleep off at night XD or at least, that's what I would like to think but it happens in winter as well :/

Hehehe it seems like a lot of people keep their snake's in their bedroom's :)
mikerichards Posted - 31/05/2010 : 23:30:25
My carpets were like that, they used to climb up the branches then fall off, quite a thud considering they were each 6 foot!
HannahB Posted - 31/05/2010 : 23:24:32
got to admit it sounds like our boy lucien, hes been super active these past few weeks - even to the point were he climbs onto his kitchen roll and tries to use that as a perch to try and get closer to the lid to push it off..he hasnt quite mastered the art of balancing though so he kinda falls off and then a few mins later is trying it again! bless his little heart - hes so simple!
but he does keep us up - you can hear some rustling and then a dull thud..then a few mins more rustling and another thud.. he does it repeatedly til we get him out for a bit of a cuddle and then he settles down lol its like having a baby!
how often is he being fed?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000