The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Corn snakes are to Pythons....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simonw Posted - 28/05/2010 : 13:42:34

as cannibis is to heroin...

I would never have looked at other snakes until coming to this forum, and now I find myself checking out the royals on preloved!

How do they compare to corns? Are they as active...as they seem more docile, and that's saying something.

Simon
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 29/05/2010 : 17:12:28
i love my royals,
they are very different to corns and can take a bit of readjusting but once they settle down and get into a 'good' feeding routine they can really start to show their true characters, my two have just started to eat again after the winter fast and are gaining weight again nicely, yeah they are slow and dont do anything majorly exciting - you cant really have one hide in your pocket like a corn can, but they are very nice to handle and you can feel the strength difference when they curl up round your hand!
n/a Posted - 29/05/2010 : 15:24:12
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

it means royal python morphs are more expensive! :D

corns definetly don't lead to pythons, they're just Fat Lazy Overgrown Slugs™ that don't do much :D

HAHA!

Magic!

xXx
simonw Posted - 29/05/2010 : 14:39:03
People have in the past referred to corn collecting as an addiction on this forum... which strangely I feel, but don't understand. I could easily get more but I'm not sure I would ever be satisfied (chasing the dragon - I'm full of drug references :P )

And yes, the public line is that low grade drugs lead to more expensive and exotic drugs.

I really wanted to understand what the appeal is with Royals, as they really are quite amazing to look at (like a painting), but are they good as pet snakes.

Kehhlyr: I have a garden full of snails..feel free to have them :)

mozacchio: Corns of course! although I've never even touched a royal. I have held a 19 foot python 10 years ago, that was owned by a guy too scared of it to go in the room with it!

Blackecho: You've got both cannibis and heroin? :P And who mentioned horses :P

Just a bit of fun, but I haven't seen anyone defending the royals yet...so that probably answers my question :)

Simon

eeji Posted - 29/05/2010 : 14:19:54
probably, cos i don't much care for leos either! :D

*my apologies to the slug and snail population, no upset or distress was intended in the above post :(
Kehhlyr Posted - 29/05/2010 : 01:22:57
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

.......corns definetly don't lead to pythons, they're just Fat Lazy Overgrown Slugs™ that don't do much :D

Pffft, I totally disagree.
I keep snails and used to keep slugs (don't ask) and I found them much more exciting and quicker feeders and movers in comparison to most royals I've heard about.
You shouldn't diss the slug/snail community.

From what I know of Leo's shouldn't royals be just like legless Leo's????
eeji Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:30:46
it means royal python morphs are more expensive! :D

corns definetly don't lead to pythons, they're just Fat Lazy Overgrown Slugs™ that don't do much :D
kdlang Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:05:55
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I think the comparison was trying to say that cornsnakes are more like canabis and royals like heroine, as if royals are more 'addictive' than corns.

At least that's what I think was meant.

Some people say that taking minor drugs for instance cannabis can often lead on to taking harder drugs for instance cocaine or heroin. So i took as he started off keeping corns and has now found himself looking at Royals.

Thats what I thought too Danny. One addiction leading to another. And I understand what he means as I started with corns and want more but also have been looking at getting other snakes/reptiles
Blackecho Posted - 28/05/2010 : 21:05:34
Oh right, horses for courses.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 28/05/2010 : 20:15:44
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I think the comparison was trying to say that cornsnakes are more like canabis and royals like heroine, as if royals are more 'addictive' than corns.

Some people say that taking minor drugs for instance cannabis can often lead on to taking harder drugs for instance cocaine or heroin. So i took as he started off keeping corns and has now found himself looking at Royals.
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/05/2010 : 18:15:18

matty18714 Posted - 28/05/2010 : 16:20:08
(Cannibis suposedly leads to heroin..)

Royals are slower (most of the time) and less confident than corns. Care is just as easy.
mozacchio Posted - 28/05/2010 : 15:01:50
My ex had a ball python and i have a corn..!
I love them both and i can't compare them.
The ball python was the first snake i handled..!

Edit: I don't understand if you prefer pythons or corns
Blackecho Posted - 28/05/2010 : 14:53:29
I'm not sure I understand the comparison, I have both.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000