The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bad news :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 27/05/2010 : 06:52:44
Was feeding day for snakes the other day, Normal did her usual of not eating so I put her pinkie in her viv with her, she seemed fine at the time, she'd been refusing her second pinkie for a few weeks now so I figured I was just offering her too much, she had shed fine last week, went to check if she had eaten her pinkie the next morning to find her dead. I have no idea what happened, there was no signs of anything being wrong with her
Now mums had to rush her dog off to emergency vets cause she had been throwing up for a few days, she seemed ok other than the throwing up, she'd gone off her food but she was still drinking and keeping some of it down so we thought she would be ok in a few days but last night went down hill very quickly, she was hoping to wait till vets opened, we're both short on money at the moment and they charge rediculous amount for out of hours concidering they supposed to be more interested in the health of the animal rather than the money they get, but shes got to a point where she didnt even want to move, mum picked her up to put her onto a sheet to take her to vets and she just lay in the possision mum had put her down in, so mum decided it would be better to get her seen now rather than wait a couple more hours it wasn't worth the risk though she doesn't think she'll be coming home with her cause shes gone so bad so fast
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 31/05/2010 : 10:00:47
So sorry Rachael..

Azzheasman Posted - 31/05/2010 : 00:53:08
Yea some people can just be d!cks it's the way of the world unfortunately, I'm in Swansea btw, it's good your in a better area now tho :)
Twi Posted - 30/05/2010 : 22:28:39
I live up north on Anglesey, staying on the island but moving about a mile down the road, its amaizing the difference between neighbours at this place and new place.
Azzheasman Posted - 30/05/2010 : 18:20:04
Twi, sooo sorry to hear your news, Where abouts in Wales do you live ?
herriotfan Posted - 30/05/2010 : 11:13:44
Oh Twi I'm so sorry the little dog didn't make it. Sending you all hugs.....
mrsT Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:28:30
so sorry to hear about normal and ditzy
i lost my dog molly suddenly,she went down hill very fast and didn't come home from the vets,so i know how heartbeaking it is.
my sympathies to you and your mum,hope things start to feel better for you soon xxx
Twi Posted - 29/05/2010 : 21:55:43
Thanks everyone. Was talking to my mum about it today, apparently the vet wouldn't test for poisons because we didn't know what poison it was, so he only tested for parvo, which we knew she couldn't have as its contageous and our 15 week old puppy would have died from it before her, that and we have 3 other dogs as well who have been living together, going out together, going to the same places there's no way only one dog out of 5 would get parvo virus, specially with a young pup here.
nova1990 Posted - 28/05/2010 : 17:57:38
hey i know how you feel (my neighbours poisoned and cut my guinea pigs and rabbits in half and stuck my giant rabbits head on a stick outside our house so the whole street could see it) so if you wanna speak to anyone im here for you (even though you hardly know me :))
Sta~ple Posted - 28/05/2010 : 17:13:07
I'd have reposted the neighbours and make sure that they pay for the vet bills if it was them and then report them to the police, there os no need for poisoning animals. They can get jailed and fined for that so, makes sure they do if you can

I'm sorry to hear about this... I really hope it picks up for you soon.
Mouse Posted - 28/05/2010 : 17:06:07
oh sweetie, I'm so sorry xxxxxx love and hugs
HannahB Posted - 28/05/2010 : 13:24:15
im so sorry about ditzy hun, maybe write a letter to the local paper about the meat being put over your fence - they might be able to attract some attention about it from the council or an animal society..
**hugs coming your way**
n/a Posted - 28/05/2010 : 12:48:57
Twi - I know everyone has already said it but thoughts and hugs coming your way. I'm really sorry for all you've been through the last couple of days. It saddens me terribly that such people exist and that they aren't held accountable for their actions
KITTYCAT Posted - 28/05/2010 : 06:42:58
Twi im so sorry for you and your mum you both must be devistated. Unfortunatley there are people out there that dont like pets, my neighbours cat was poisoned and one of mine was a road kill just after i had moved in she was left on my doorstep, i got another cat from cat protection she was hit by a car and just left howling with 3 broken legs n broken tail her other leg was so badly torn it had to be amputated.I put a sarcastic letter in my local paper for the driver with a photo 9 cost me £700 in vets bills.Got a petition signed by everyone in the street for speed bumps, council did nothing apart from make the street a bus route.
On a cheerier note i wish you all the best with your move and do hope the neighbours are much nicer than your present ones also wish you the best for your new arrival in a couple of weeks.
Kellog Posted - 28/05/2010 : 03:52:10
Oh Rachell, what a few days you have had and just at a time when you need as little stress as possible and are already under stress with sorting out the move.

I expect you are actually getting fed up with people asking how you are cos in many ways I am sure you dont know how to put it into words.

It must have been such a shock to find Normal like that. And not knowing why she dies doesnt help. But you must know Rachell that Normal had an amazing life with you, you looked after her the best way you could and that is what is important and what you must hang on to.

It is the same with Ditzy. I dont know if you realised it but I went through something very similar with my dog over Easter. She had some sort of fit on the Tues (she had a similar one in Feb and she totally recovered after a few mins but we took her to the vets anyway and they said she was such a healthy dog they would have said she was 8yrs old rather than 14yrs old. They couldnt find anything wrong and said it could be a one off, may happen again, or could be the start of an on-going problem.) She didnt recover properly from this fit and was walking around all lopsided and throwing up all the water she kept drinking.... Took her to the vets on the Thurs and they gave her an anti-sickness jab. Something had gone wrong with her inner ear so her balance was affected, which wasnt life threatening but the problem was it made her feel so sick she wouldnt eat and wasnt holding down fluids. My OH brought her home and was told to bring her back on Sat if there was no change. Within hours of bringing her home he began to question as to whether he should have just had her put to sleep, but he wanted to give her every chance he could to recover. I sat with her on the floor on Good Friday morning while everyone else was at church, with her head in my lap. She started to whimper and she was shaking so much. When my OH came in I just looked at him and said 'Enough'. He immediately rang the emergency vet and took her to be put down half an hour later. He stayed with her.

Ditzy was an old dog Rachel, especially for a crestie. They are small dogs and small dogs have much shorter life spans. And look at the life and the love you and your mum have given her....she couldnt have asked for better. Again, you and your mum acted in the best way you thought possible....like we did with Woody. You tried to give her the best chance to live and unfortunately it was her time to go. Nothing you could have done would have changed that.

As for your neighbours, I am so pleased you are getting out of there. I know I shouldnt be shocked at how terribly people can behave but I am one of those people who always looks for the good, and it saddens me so much when I hear about people like your neighbours. I wish there was some way for you to pay for the vet to check whether Ditzy had been poisoned, cos then you could report it to the police. The problem so often is that people do these things without ever being held responsible. Did your mum mention that Ditzy might have been poisoned to the vet?

Sorry Rachell, I have said way too much....I am just so sorry for you and am struggling to find the right words to help make you feel a bit better when I know that nothing but time will help. I also know that your first instinct will be to distract yourself from your sadness by keeping yourself busy, but you cant do that love....you have to look after yourself and William. He needs to stay in you as long as possible and you stressing and overdoing it is not going to help that happen.

Twi, you are so much in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers. I just wish there was more I could do or say....mainly I wish I could give you a really big hug.

xxx
reptiledanny Posted - 27/05/2010 : 19:18:40
not the best of timing as well with you being due in a couple of weeks. at least you have that to look forward to
Twi Posted - 27/05/2010 : 19:03:56
Friends keep aswking how I'm feeling, I think I'm still in shock about it all, I guess I hoped she would pull through cause she went down hill so fast its hard to get my head around it. Thanks everyone, I'll pass on your mesages to my mum too.
reptiledanny Posted - 27/05/2010 : 18:34:14
i am so sorry for your loss. it must be heartbreaking.

big hugs
n/a Posted - 27/05/2010 : 18:07:15
Aww My Love!
Im Gutted for you!
*BIG HUGS*
xXxXx
crazy JJ Posted - 27/05/2010 : 17:47:34
ohhh, i am sooo sorry bout Normal and Ditzy.

but i suppose at least you know she defo isnt in any pain but how can your neighbours be so heartless, i think its bad enough that my next door neighbour never take thier dog out and stuff like that but :0

*big hugs* i am really sorry :( :(
kdlang Posted - 27/05/2010 : 14:51:28
Oh Twi, I am so sorry to hear about Normal and Ditzy. What an awful couple of days you have had. My thoughts are with you and your mum. Big hugs to you from here

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000