The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/05/2010 : 17:36:05
Hi All
I have just noticed Alpha has shed,perfect from head to tail,even see his eye holes,now i did not notice this week of getting him out,any sign of a shed starting,eg.eyes blue,etc.he was feed last sunday for the first time with us,and ate straight away,then left for 2 days,so how long from blue eyes to shedding is about normal,i can only guess he must of blued during his 2 day rest period after eating,but last night he didnt look opaque,yet he shed during the night.domthe eyes blue until the shed,also i thought they dont feed and get stroppy during,taking into account this is his first week of handling with us,he`s 7weeks old.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 14/05/2010 : 20:58:41
Depends on the snake, They all grow at diffrent rates really. As long as its no more than say 3-4 weeks at this stage it should be fine. Thats how fast mine was shedding at that age and it got longer between sheds as she got older
n/a Posted - 14/05/2010 : 20:05:16
Yes he is an Amel,and have just feed him and noticed the colour difference from yesterday,so will have to keep an eye now,how often do they shed at 7weeks +.??
devilsmistress Posted - 14/05/2010 : 19:48:48
I can spot my amel going into shed now, BUT when I first got her it took a few sheds before I noticed the signs! So to the untrained eye It can be missed at first
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/05/2010 : 19:27:54
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

What Morph is he?? Some morphs you will miss it, Like snows and amels. Not all will get stroppy and stop feeding.

My amel feeds whil in shed so no worried there!

I can spot my amel going into shed although its harder than the others. The harder ones would have been the snows, blizzards corals and others similar where the only thing you can really notice is the slight paling of the eyes.

But yes as said above not all get stroppy and stop feeding my amel is a pleasure when coming up to a shed although the others do get a little stroppy and Reggie my bloodred is the only one that goes off his food.
devilsmistress Posted - 14/05/2010 : 17:45:34
What Morph is he?? Some morphs you will miss it, Like snows and amels. Not all will get stroppy and stop feeding.

My amel feeds whil in shed so no worried there!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000