The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Just sold all all my littles ones T.T

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 12:47:12
Except for the ones I am keeping. They wanted them 2 so badly. They even took the non feeder and promised me that they would make it eat which is good. It looks so bare there now with only 2 tubs there and I feel really sad XD despite all my efforts in trying not to get attached I did.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 15/05/2010 : 05:43:38
Oh Sta~ple, you must miss them....but you know you did the right thing as you couldnt keep them all, and you did your best to make sure they went to homes where you knew they would be well looked after. At least you can stay in touch and hopefully they will keep you updated on how they are all doing - you will even be able to see pics of them on Facebook!

I think no matter how hard you try not to get attached part of you must do so, cos you arranged for these little ones to be born and you have looked after them til the point where you have to let them go. I know I could never do it....although OH wants to.

I really thought you might keep the one with the few belly checkers....but can understand why you got attached to Rattles/Rattler! And if your mum said you had to keep Red then you had no choice !!

The 2 you have kept have an amazing home and are lucky that you chose them over all the others .

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 14/05/2010 : 18:20:14
no i didnt know them, but one of them was a first time owner and he did all the research 1st (i kinda quized them, n told them everything they needed to know) and they still now n then ask me a couple of questions the others went to good homes with experience :D i felt kinda guilty aswel but he soon passes you just got to keep telling yourself they are fine and in good homes :D
I kept one of the hatchlings back (pippa) and i know she will have the pos life, was also going to keep minstrel aswel as a non eater but she evntually went to someone with alot of experience to get her to eat prop and not just force fed, again i have to keep telling myself that she is fine as i went through so much with her, learnt alot and even when she went i had a tear in my eye :(
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 17:24:31
Did you know the people you sold them to Crazy?

I hope mine go to good homes and that the owners find this site and read the care sheet... I'd feel go guilty if they went to a home where someone just decided that they wanted a snake randomly. I feel guilty now and I'm wondering if I made the right choice to let them go but it was probably for the best, there's no way 8 vivs would fit in my room unless I got rid of my bed or the cat and it's stupidly big bed XD

At least I know if something happen the little anery I decide to keep has got a definite home. As soon as they left I got a phone call asking if I was sure I'm not selling him >.<
crazy JJ Posted - 14/05/2010 : 14:51:38
i know how ya feel, when i sold my hatchlings last year i was getting reli attached to them spec one of them with a kinda aztec pattern but i knew i didnt have the space n they would be going to loving homes
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 14:00:49
They kept upping the price upto £30 each but my mum would kill me if I sold the red one and I grew too attached to how angry the anery was. They have 3 other corns so I they are going to a good home :) They really wanted the few belly checkers anery because of it's pale colouring though I think.

I would have kept all of them but I don't have the space. :(
mozacchio Posted - 14/05/2010 : 13:51:57
I can imagine how you feel..
I don't know if i could bare it..
I get too attached to animals..
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/05/2010 : 13:50:20
I thought there would be interest in the ones with few belly checkers. It must be a fairly rare thing.

Glad they went to people who new what they were doing though. I know i wouldn't have a clue how to deal with a non feeder.
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 13:34:12
Yes and they are also bringing in someone to look at the only one that hasn't eaten. I figured they had a better chance of trying to get it to eat than I did specially since the poor little thing easy getting very skinny.

The petshop owner an a couple actually came round to my house to look and the couple really wanted an anery so I got to met them and even got their facebook so I can keep in touch. I didn't get a lot but that's what I expected to be honest, I'm not one of those naive people who thinks breeding snakes will get you lots of money. specially for the normal that they weren't going crazy over but at least he should now get a home as he was getting too bug for me to keep him. When I next go in they said the will update me on how they are.

Can't believe how much they wanted the little ones with hardly any belly checkers o.o;
herriotfan Posted - 14/05/2010 : 13:24:30
I can imagine you feel a bit lost without them but I'm sure they've gone to good homes
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/05/2010 : 13:03:53
Do the people you sold them to have experience with non feeders?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000