The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Anyone else stack their vivs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 11:36:30
I know Kehhlyr does but I was just wondering about stacking different sized ones on-top of each other. I was thinking of maybe trying to get a 48x18 viv and putting a 48x15 ontop of it and eventually putting 2 more 48x15 vivs ontop of that but I'm not sue how the small vivs ontop of the bit bigger would would effect the structure of it and if it would cause it to warp or cause problems with the doors. I can imagine the wood on the bottom one to bend where the others ones are sitting.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 16/05/2010 : 13:57:11
I have an american set up it is a multi stack viv block it houses six 5.1/2ft vivs on top of one another and has room for two sets so 12 all in all
it is a big set up and i have had to convert my garage to house them all but it saves space and time as well as being very
easy to clean they all have lights and thermo stats as well as plenty of vents
cost me a fortune and i had to get the company in to fit them and do the wireing but my snake's love them and i will spend what i have to in order to keep them happy and in the best poss health

a great snake keeper my father and my hero told me a bit of advice that i will pass on to others now and this is it.

" no matter what set up you have for your snakes as long as the vivs are well made and you look after them well it doesent matter.. go with what feels right."

Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2010 : 11:54:59
They are nice Kinda a shame I have bought all my thermometer now though otherwise it would have probably saved me money,space and batteries :(

Now that I look at my viv it looks like it has gaps made purposely to put thermometer wires through. I've tried but I can't get them in so I think I would have to lift one of the runners off :/ I think I might just stick to the holes in the back and them mounted on the sides unless I ask my dad nicely lol.
Blackecho Posted - 16/05/2010 : 10:25:48
Blackecho Posted - 16/05/2010 : 10:25:05
Hi, the thermometers are from ebay, they are fridge/freezer ones and are very good as they have two probes and also have alarms which you can set if they go outside a set range (for instance 27-33C).

I did have the wires going in by the runners at each end, but since that picture was taken I have drilled a small hole behind the thermometers and threaded the wire through.

They are a bit more expensive than the cheap ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dual-Probe-Digital-Fridge-Freezer-THERMOMETER-Alarm-/270466683722?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item3ef912134a

but you can get them cheaper than that if you look harder than I have this time.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2010 : 08:22:37
Yeh that's what mine and my mum's thought's were :) No point them being tacked or flat packed doing nothing. It would also mean that we would have to get rid of the viv we already have which would be a pain. They are going to be in RUB's until a 4ft or 3ft viv if they end up being tiny. It would be silly to put them in even a 2ft viv as it would be way too big and hey would escaped through the glass doors XD I'm hoping to move them up into their new lunch box/food container today ^^
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/05/2010 : 00:50:13
With the little ones its probably best to just take it step by step, go from the faun into a RUB or a 3ft viv and then if they need it into a 4footer. But if they do need a 4ft viv that won't be for a good 3-4 years or so i would have thought.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2010 : 00:40:34
The viv exotic 4ft by 15inches can come in stacks of 3/4. I'm 5ft2" and I'm deciding against the 4 stack now as I would have to tip toe/ get on a chair to reach the viv properly. The 4ft by 18.5 only come in a 3 stack.

Thanks for your help guys though, my mum and I have decided the best thing to do is to get Venom a 4ft by 18 viv and put the existing viv which is 4ft by 15 ontop of it and will have Char in it and she can finally get out of a RUB (so kind of a stack XD) We are going to wait a while to get the little ones viv's so will decide then if a proper viv stack will be better or not but I think by then I will have moved out so space won't be an issue. I think it also best as before I commit to the stack as I have no idea what size these littles one will actually reach, I'm guessing a round the 4ft like Char but I don't want to be wrong and and get them nice vivs and then they be Venom sized.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/05/2010 : 00:03:20
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

Hey Blackecho, do they do stacks in 4ft? When my Elijah upgrades I'll be putting him into a 4ft, and I'm thinking of putting my Leo into a 4 ft as well.
And with those stacked that high, you have any isues cleaning them out or anything, the reason I ask is, I am a short ****, lol.

You can get 4ft stacks but i think they're only available as a 3 or 4 stack. you could get 2 4footers and just stack them ontop of each other.
LittleMick Posted - 15/05/2010 : 23:52:04
Hey Blackecho, do they do stacks in 4ft? When my Elijah upgrades I'll be putting him into a 4ft, and I'm thinking of putting my Leo into a 4 ft as well.
And with those stacked that high, you have any isues cleaning them out or anything, the reason I ask is, I am a short ****, lol.
punumbear Posted - 14/05/2010 : 20:30:16
All my vivs are and will be stacked.. i got 2 4fts 2 ft from my bed with a 3ft on top.... when new worm is big enough she will next go into 2 ft viv and then into 3ft which will be stacked where my anery is plus claret will join them as hes in the 3ft on the 4ft stack atm... i dont stack any higher than 3 vivs as im a short **** and i like to be able to see what my worms are doing.
n/a Posted - 14/05/2010 : 20:16:04
Looks like BlackEcho has trimmed a little off the bottom runners to allow a small gap for wires to me Sta~ple. I could be wrong though.

As for stacking, I currently have 2 3fts stacked op top of each other without a problem, with a 3rd to go on top at a later date.. In the past I used to have a 2ft on top of one half of my 4ft, which also wasn't too much of an issue. I think the only time my 4ft started to warp lightly is when I put my tv on top of it (but that's a heavy beast!)
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 19:06:21
There all the same size though ;) Very nice though, are they he viv exotic ones? May I also ask how you got your thermometer through the front? Is there a little gap in the wood or isn't the glass completely close? Where did yo get them from as they really are nice.
Blackecho Posted - 14/05/2010 : 18:55:00
Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2010 : 18:43:51
I suppose ones with those with hardboard or chipboard backs aren't good for stacking but the ones with the back made lie the rest of the viv are fine then?
matty18714 Posted - 14/05/2010 : 17:09:08
You shouldnt have any problems stacking them as long as they re made properly.
n/a Posted - 14/05/2010 : 17:02:57
i have a 3ft viv on top of another 3 ft viv and that is fine but don't think i would go any more than that!
crazy JJ Posted - 14/05/2010 : 14:58:51
i have a couple of difo sized vivs in a stack kinda thing, have a 4ftx2ft and on top of that i have a 4ftx18in n its fine. i also have a 3ft at the bottom and a 2ft on top of that but not quite the 4 vivs on top of each other really so probs not much help but still i tried lol :/
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/05/2010 : 12:15:57
Because they are all 4 foot long i imagine they wouldn't warp too much. You would have the most problems if you were to put a 3foot on a 4foot etc.

One thing you could do is just put a support of somesort in the bottom viv. Maybe like an arch in the middle or something as if you were partitioning it but with a big hold through it so your snake could easilly get through.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000