The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Eden Project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fal Posted - 08/05/2010 : 17:13:36
Just got back from Newquey today, and whilst down that way, my Fiancee and I went to the Eden Project - it was awesome, especially the rain forest biomes. We read a sign saying they had introduced anoles, geckos, whites tree frogs and mantids and within five mins my fiancee had spotted a male green anole on a tree trunk next to the path. We got closer to take a photo and he puffed out his red crest under his chin - soo cool, then we realised it was because of a female that was on the branch above him.

Felt like we had seen wild ones since the place is soooo huge! Never saw any of the other critters in there though, apart from birds and ants lol but well worth checking out if your ever down that way!

Oh yeah, you might want to wear flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt though, its about 30c in there at the top!!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fal Posted - 10/05/2010 : 11:00:26
Yeah got some photos.. a fair few actually :) and ones of the Anole displaying! Not seen how they came out yet as on camera phone lol, need to find my cable to link to laptop aswell, not seen it in ages and phone is full after Newquey lol

I wanted to see a Mantis as we have a couple, but they're so hard to see in their little faunariums that I knew there wasn't much chance. As for the tree frogs, nocturnal :( so no chance there either, but glad to see the anoles and little birds they have in their.

The one set up like the Med has lizards in too apparently, didn't see any though. Think we might be back down there in two years so can't wait to see if they have made any changes when we go back!
n/a Posted - 08/05/2010 : 21:30:25
I went there when it first opened!
It was AWESOME!
xXx
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/05/2010 : 18:23:39
That place is great, only been once and it was yonks ago but was really cool.
BlueTongueDan Posted - 08/05/2010 : 18:21:41
I love that place. I went a good few years back and I can remeber the insane temps and humidity in there! I kept standing in front of the water sprayers
They didnt have any animals in there when I went tho, would love to go there again!

Did you get any photos?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000