The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Oh my @.@

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 06/05/2010 : 21:35:42
Went for my 34 week scan today. The scan was at 2:20, went in on time (shocking for the hospital lol usually behind about 30 mins). Anyway baby is huuuuuuuuuuuge hahaha His heads circumference measures at 318mm. His abdominal circumference is well above average lol
Hers pic of the growth he's done in 4 weeks:

He still has 5 and a half weeks growing to go xD
Anyway, my appointment for consultant was 2:30pm, went in saw midwife she took bloodpressure and stuff asked me how i'd been doing. Then we waited 20 mins before seeing consultant. Good news is verapamil hasn't (obviously) stunted the babies growth (or if it has i'm afraid of how big he would be if I wasn't on them LOL), I can breast feed on them (YAY!) but because baby is too big for the gestation age they sending me for diabeties test just incase thats the reason.
Anyway here he is :D

My aunt came with me to the appointment cause mums still away, aww she was so emotional seeing her nephew xD I think I may have made her broody though xD unles gonna love me LOL
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 11/05/2010 : 20:30:05
haha, just watched an recorded friends about when racheal has them, lol. what a coincidence
Twi Posted - 11/05/2010 : 19:39:20
i dont think I have the diabetes, babies in our family usually 9lb+ I was 9lb 6oz and brother was bigger still, cousin had her boy 10lb 6oz but they want to be sure just incase lol. I'm not too worried about his siz really was just a bit of a shock how much he had grown in the four weeks. Got sore hips at the moment standing up or sitting down it hurts worse but not to worried. Lol I had a nice of braxton hicks contractions and brother was more worried about it than i was haha
n/a Posted - 11/05/2010 : 19:14:38
Hi Twi, I know I'm new to this forum but I've just been reading your post and firstly let me congaratulate you on your pregnancy.

Anyhoo I just wanted to reassure you that bigger babies are not so scary to give birth to, my 10 yr old daughter Saffron was 11lb 1oz when she was born and she was a normal delivery but my eldest, now 20, was only 7lb 5oz and I found him more of a pain as he was in no hurry to come out.

I was also tested for gestational diabetes but was all ok. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Tracey
herriotfan Posted - 11/05/2010 : 09:46:23
He might come early, big baby, dropped into pelvis already, you 'nesting' etc, etc....all the signs are there! Like Kellog said don't worry too much about what everyone tells you about labour. We all know it isn't a doddle but try to think that each pain that comes and goes is one less and one step nearer your baby being born. It's worth every minute when you hold you baby for the first time. Cherish that moment, it's so special.
Mouse Posted - 11/05/2010 : 08:47:19
Good luck with everything!! *fingers crossed!*

You'll be fine
Kellog Posted - 11/05/2010 : 05:25:42
Sorry Rachell, been away so only just caught up with this thread. That is fantastic news about William thriving so will despite your worries about him. And even better news that you can breast feed him - I know how important it is to you. A word of advice about it....it does not come naturally to you or to him, it is something that you both have to learn and persevere at, so listen to your midwife and dont beat yourself up for not getting it right first time.

And dont get too worried about the labour and him being such a big baby. You wont be alone and you will be surrounded by people who know what they are doing. Best thing that was told to me was to think that the labour pains I was getting were good pains - I knew they would come to an end and not continue forever and at the end of it I would have a beautiful baby to hold....so concentrate on that!

How did the diabetes check go? If you do have it then it is nothing to get too stressed about, it can happen with pregnant women and goes away afterwards. I know it is just another thing on that long list that you have to deal with....but you are dealing with everything brilliantly so you will be able to cope with this as well.

You know where I am if I can help at all - email me if you want cos I am not on Facebook much at the moment. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

xxx
Twi Posted - 07/05/2010 : 17:09:46
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

5weeks to go.. but he may come early so make sure you rest!
hope the diabetes test goes ok for you
and good luck with everything else!

Yup just got home from picking up my keys with a new worry, i have possible show lol as long as he stays in for atleast another 5 days I'm happy. Then my mum will be home. But he's been pressing hard on pelvis today, doesnt help woman had me standing im that house for 90 minutes filling in paperwork @.@ Ache like hell now lol

@Mouse Don't worry xD I'd be totally too shy to get pics of during but there will be LOADS of after xP
Mouse Posted - 07/05/2010 : 15:53:18
Pics of baby afterwards yes.......during..no!

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Congrats on everything going well so far.

This'll be the only time when pics AREN'T requested.

HannahB Posted - 07/05/2010 : 13:03:58
5weeks to go.. but he may come early so make sure you rest!
hope the diabetes test goes ok for you
and good luck with everything else!
Twi Posted - 07/05/2010 : 10:20:24
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Big boy!! How is the new house going? Try not to over-do it, you're going to need lots of energy to give birth and look after a new baby.....

Get the keys to house today, going to go carpet shopping for living room begining of the week, might pick up some paint today but I can't do alot anyway, standing up too long makes hip hurt cause hes dropped down lol

next 5 weeks are going to draaaaaaaaag lol
herriotfan Posted - 07/05/2010 : 10:16:20
Big boy!! How is the new house going? Try not to over-do it, you're going to need lots of energy to give birth and look after a new baby.....
n/a Posted - 07/05/2010 : 08:49:22
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

HAHAHHAA LMAO
crazy JJ Posted - 07/05/2010 : 00:59:18
congrats and nice pic doing great but dont forget to rest im thinking you'll need it :D

Kehhlyr Posted - 06/05/2010 : 23:50:08

Sta~ple Posted - 06/05/2010 : 23:45:27
Aww good luck pushing that "huge" baby out XD
Sizzlesmum Posted - 06/05/2010 : 21:45:47
Awwww, what a wonderful photo and great news

So pleased all is going well, let us know how the diabetes test goes.

Scans are very emotional and I had a tear in my eye looking at your photo

Not long to go now so make sure you get plenty of rest cause you will need it when baby gets here lol

Thanks for sharing with us.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000