The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Stat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jessejamez666 Posted - 29/04/2010 : 19:51:15
Hey guys and gals, was browsing on 888 reptiles and was wondering if anybody could give me advice on a Microclimate On/Off Thermostat mini stat 100 and the Exo Terra Fluorescent Light Controllers(just as a light source) to fit a Exo Terra 35x17x17 terranium????
Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 30/04/2010 : 04:51:51
I originally tried the Microclimate On/Off thermostat mini. Now I dont know if mine was faulty or if they all do it....but it didnt do what I expected it to do. Once the heatmat got above the heat the stat was set at it would switch off and then wouldnt switch back on until after the temp in the viv had dropped by about 5oC. Now, as I said, this may have been because it was faulty - but I sent it back and now use the Habistat pulse and am so much happier with it cos it keeps the temp within a 1oC range.

I do have bulbs in my vivs, as lighting for my benefit, but they are just the low energy low wattage ones that dont produce any heat, and they are set on timers to mimic the day/night cycle.

xxx
deadmansfinger Posted - 29/04/2010 : 22:40:27
Yeh it fits perfectly ontop of it.
eeji Posted - 29/04/2010 : 22:37:15
quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

These lids are great for your exoterra. I had the one with 3 bulbs in both of mine and it has 2 switches so I had 2 day bulbs and 1 night bulb. The reason I chose this lid over the version that hold fluorescent tubes was the cost of the bulbs. These hoods take standard screwfit bulbs so they are cheap to replace and these hoods are also cheaper than the version that holds fluorescent tubes. Also the accessories like hygrometer and thermometer slot onto the lid which is functional and also looks pretty cool

does that hood sit on top of the existing mesh lid?
deadmansfinger Posted - 29/04/2010 : 20:44:11
These lids are great for your exoterra. I had the one with 3 bulbs in both of mine and it has 2 switches so I had 2 day bulbs and 1 night bulb. The reason I chose this lid over the version that hold fluorescent tubes was the cost of the bulbs. These hoods take standard screwfit bulbs so they are cheap to replace and these hoods are also cheaper than the version that holds fluorescent tubes. Also the accessories like hygrometer and thermometer slot onto the lid which is functional and also looks pretty cool

jessejamez666 Posted - 29/04/2010 : 20:17:26
cool if it's ok to use a basic low wattage light then magic!!!!
It's just to add a wee bit of light to the viv
Thanks again dude
This forum is really amazing everyone is so helpful,and it's great to pick everybodys brain for info, I've learned so much in the past couple of days.
gmac Posted - 29/04/2010 : 20:04:49
Its a fun youve got if memory serves, why not put a low wattage bulb in a desk lamp and keep near your faun.
jessejamez666 Posted - 29/04/2010 : 20:03:17
Great advice guys cheers, I was looking to put some sort of light at the top of the viv to emit light into the viv( I have a dark living room)S on youtube with seen a guy on youtube with the same viv and he had some sort of strip light at the top and it looked nice and bright
gmac Posted - 29/04/2010 : 19:56:04
i use a few of the ministat 100's and had no probs mate. Dont use fluoro lighting for your snakes as the lights flicker that snakes can see, we cant, and they will not appreciate it. I used to use just stick on lights from Poundland, they dont produce any heat and is suitable for your snake.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 29/04/2010 : 19:54:10
The mat stats are your standard thermostats, not quite as good as the pulse stats but do there job and are relatively cheap. They are what i am using.

As for the fluorescent lights im not so sure, but lights arn't necesary and if you do get one make sure it dosn't emit much heat and is guarded.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000