The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 need help, cooking help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 21/04/2010 : 19:33:27
hey, im cooking for my gcse tomorow, help. i am making a burger and have made the mixture at home, we were aloud, i cut the onion up, then add the mince and add some corriander but i think the onion a bit 2 big, can i use the puree thingy, the electric machine with blades in, to make the onion and the mince smaller?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/04/2010 : 22:17:52
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

did it today and it went great, will get the grade next week. miss seemed really happy with it.

Fantastic!
Really Pleased for You!!
You'll be a celebrity chef with 3 mitchilin (SP!) stars with your own restaurant in Paris in no time!!

:)

xXxXx
Kellog Posted - 23/04/2010 : 03:13:21
So glad it went well Danny and hope you get a good grade. Wish I had come across the post sooner. I used my electric mixer a lot to chop up things as my arms are weak and I cant do a lot of knife work. It can work really well, especially if you have a pulse button on it and do it in seconds bursts rather than in one go. Also, adding the mince to it will have helped stop the onion from getting too puréed and mixed it together nicely. I havent made burgers in years and the kids always preferred mine to the shop bought ones.

Let us know when you get your result!

xxx

Sta~ple Posted - 22/04/2010 : 21:38:26
Get get a burger as credit? XD
reptiledanny Posted - 22/04/2010 : 20:55:12
thanks, youve all been a grate help so soe of the credit has to go to you guys.
kdlang Posted - 22/04/2010 : 20:32:30
well done danny, good luck for gettin a good result
reptiledanny Posted - 22/04/2010 : 19:31:32
did it today and it went great, will get the grade next week. miss seemed really happy with it.
n/a Posted - 22/04/2010 : 16:23:22
I always put onion and mushrooms in mine- with egg to bind and if its a bit soggy then I put bread crumbs in- GOOD LUCK for the Exam!!!
xXx
n/a Posted - 22/04/2010 : 16:05:35
if you do puree it it might be a bit wet so add some breadcrumbs. basically the fast food burgers you eat are pureed meat and onion so it'll still be a burger :)
Mouse Posted - 22/04/2010 : 10:40:39
The egg 'should' do a large part of the binding. The size of the onion fairly much comes down to whether you want your burger with 'chunks' of onion or not. personal taste. Good luck!
Sta~ple Posted - 21/04/2010 : 20:59:00
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

ok thanks, staple, how did you nearly kill your bf? must have been serious

Not sure apprently I used something that set his appendix off.

You should probably do a test run at home before you do it at school.
reptiledanny Posted - 21/04/2010 : 20:40:05
yep done that, made it with 500g of beef mince, 1 onion, 1 egg and some corriander. but i think i made the onion a bit big so i put it in a hand blender but wanted to now if that was ok or would it ruin it.
Lewy Posted - 21/04/2010 : 20:33:53
I always use an egg to bind the mixture when I do burgers
reptiledanny Posted - 21/04/2010 : 20:15:47
ok thanks, staple, how did you nearly kill your bf? must have been serious
Sta~ple Posted - 21/04/2010 : 20:10:46
Oh my sister is going GCSE cooking she's making angel delight though XD

Sorry I have no idea with cooking, last time I cooked I almost killed my boyfriend, he just got away with not getting an operation.

I wish you luck though.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/04/2010 : 20:10:32
Yes, everything would still hold together ok. Would just change the texture of the it abit, not necesarily a bad thing though.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000